The Hat ReFilling Method Mark ll for PGI-9 Cartridge.

alvy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I received a reply from weink, they confirmed that the chip reset tools work for ALL pgi-9 carts. Well let's wait for the actual test from jtool

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
alvy said:
I received a reply from weink, they confirmed that the chip reset tools work for ALL pgi-9 carts. Well let's wait for the actual test from jtool
At the prices they charge they would say Mass as well. :pop
Pure porkies.

The YXD-R58e resetter is the one you want and it does not reset the BK & Grey either..

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....this will be interesting.

A clue to whether it does the PGI-9 officially is whether the body can accommodate te PGI-9 form factor with the extended outlet and the protrusion towards the front. Those are the mods I had to carry out to have it fit. The other clue is whether or not the adapter for the wide body for the PGI-7 BK has an elongated hook. I had to cut through the adapter to make the PGI-9 fit AND it is snug. What I do is just leave one side of the adapter on and use that as a guide fence towards the contacts.

From a logical standpoint, for a manufacturer to make such a resetter, they would have to figure on making a separate mould. From the limited number of Pro9500 s sold, I doubt they would take it on. Only since Canon has begun heavily discounting the 9500s recently have they become a little more popular.

But there can be a new world out there so we await news of whether it is real or not.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Well, one think for sure, I'll know when I receive it. It will either work or I'll have one over priced resetter to add to the others in my shop. Mike, your inks for my PRO 9500 MKII are on the way! Thanks! In few days I'll be able to play with the various refilling methods for these carts.

By the way folks, my oldest has daughter has just dropped the news that I will finally become a Grandfather. There goes the leisurely retired life I was dreaming about LOL.
I can just see hundreds of new prints of that baby in my future. Thank God for affordable inks. I am thrilled! :p:D:)

alvy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
jtoolman said:
Well, one think for sure, I'll know when I receive it. It will either work or I'll have one over priced resetter to add to the others in my shop. Mike, your inks for my PRO 9500 MKII are on the way! Thanks! In few days I'll be able to play with the various refilling methods for these carts.

By the way folks, my oldest has daughter has just dropped the news that I will finally become a Grandfather. There goes the leisurely retired life I was dreaming about LOL.
I can just see hundreds of new prints of that baby in my future. Thank God for affordable inks. I am thrilled! :p:D:)
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If this works, i'm ordering from mikl too, though shipping is gonna be crazy. AND, CONGRATS!! not sure if you can call yourself retired with a newborn grandchild to tend to..more like re-tire yourself every 3 hrs for feeding the little one...:lol:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model

jtoolman
By the way folks, my oldest has daughter has just dropped the news that I will finally become a Grandfather.
Congratulations on your first and I hope its the first of many for you.
O boy didnt you get that printer just in time too...:celebrate
A clue to whether it does the PGI-9 officially is whether the body can accommodate te PGI-9 form factor with the extended outlet and the protrusion towards the front. Those are the mods I had to carry out to have it fit.
By the way mikling my resetter doesnt need any modifications for it to work..

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Thank you HATman I have 8 months to get the 9500MKII going before the first batch of baby pictures are printed. Maybe by then, enough of these machines will have been sold to make it worthwhile to the Chinese cart and chip designers.

As soon as i receive this ressetter I'll test it and report success or failure. I think I can live with disabling the two blacks as I tend to be very anal when dealing with my ink levels and often refill long before it is needed. I'll more than likely have to buy a second set of OEM carts from Amazon for about $120. or so.
It's either that or get another printer for about $330 New on Ebay as a back up and source for a second set of carts. Then I really have to stop buying printers LOL

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
jtoolman, congrats and now you can have a use for all those printers!

The Hat, that is interesting then that your does not require a mod. That might leave some shreds of hope that only a firmware redo is required to get the resetter to work. It then can be redone very economically.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
mikling The Hat, that is interesting then that your does not require a mod.
That might leave some shreds of hope that only a firmware redo is required to get the resetter to work.
It then can be redone very economically.
I do hope your right and we can something sorted out with this resetter
as I have given up all hope of ever getting a result with it.
I have tried the newer 525 and 225 resetters just to see if these two PGI-9 chips can be cracked..:(

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Be careful of using one generation of chip resetter on another generation. I was thinking of seeing if I could use a 226 resetter on a 221 chip and cartridge and then we'd have a windowed 226. Now all I have is a windowed 221 cartridge with a dead chip. So beware!