The Hat ReFilling Method Mark ll for PGI-9 Cartridge.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
All good info'... Thanks Mikling, The Hat...

As I've located a supply of used PGI-9's in my search for orange clips, I've decided to indulge my engineer genes and a vacuum pump along with various other bits is on its way so I can have a play with flushing the cartridges... Something tells me there's an element of truth to both points of view with long standing dry cartridges being the more extreme end of the scale. Problem is if you get from a recycling firm there's no way to be sure of the age/exposure time.

On this point, it's probably very telling that a quick look through the empties I have here shows quite a few with the spring/plate locked tight closed rather than expanded so there's obviously enough glue like action going on. Filling with water soon dissolves the ink back to solution but the sponge does indeed need some additional flushing so some work, but perhaps more on an appropriate purge tool, rather than hours spent manually flogging an unhappy horse.

With that in mind I've some cartridge flush and a plan to create a set of flush and purge tools that should render most cartridges back to a semblance of usability. Nothing like a little empirical research though...