The Hat ReFilling Method Mark ll for PGI-9 Cartridge.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
jtoolman said:
Yes they did!

http://www.uink.com/catalog/canon/0077.htm

They corrected the description and lowered it to $30.99
Still a bit expensive but at least no one will be misled!
Its a pity it didnt work on all ten cartridges but good on you anyway for clearing up his misunderstanding.
I also noticed his photo of the print head on the top of his page it is in fact a 9000 print head
and not a 9500 but he at least he's got his part numbers correct.

He also sounds like a very pleasant and reasonable guy to deal with.
On your one time and auto reset chips take mikling advice and dont try then in your new resetter either, you will kill them stone dead..
Thank you again..:)

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I did notice the PRO 9000 printhead image LOL! As long as the correct part # is listed.

Yes! I definitely would not want to FRY my single use chips or ARC with that resetter.

I am receiving a set of empty / cleaned PGI-9 carts w/ outlet clips from mikling next week and I will shoot a nice HD video of the complete dribble refilling process.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
jtoolman said:
I did notice the PRO 9000 printhead image LOL! As long as the correct part # is listed.

Yes! I definitely would not want to FRY my single use chips or ARC with that resetter.

I am receiving a set of empty / cleaned PGI-9 carts w/ outlet clips from mikling next week and I will shoot a nice HD video of the complete dribble refilling process.
Youd be quicker making a Freedom refiller and use that; then to spend all day dribbling inks into ten cartridges believe me.:hit
Try that and dumped the messy tee-shirt..:)

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
jtoolman said:
I will shoot a nice HD video of the complete dribble refilling process.
That will definitely be very interesting. This ("Canadian method?") seems to be very neat and easy.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Really? I've had excellent results. My exit port sponge takes the ink at a steady stream. Maybe the name Dribble should be removed and stream added. I will probably make a freedom fill adapter in the future but really, I've had excellent results with zero mess. In topping off some of the carts, the max I've had to add has been about 10 ml and it has not taken me more than 45 seconds each at a steady stream until I reach 33 grams total weight. I am only timing the actual refilling. Besides by next week I'll have three sets of carts to work with so I will always have one set that has been refilled and sat for a while.
What amazes me is that so far there has been Zero nozzle problems and no problems with ink flow. I've printed full 13 x19 prints immediately after refilling and re-installing the cart. I'll never been able to do that with my Epsons.

The test will be this week as I have to print 37 copies of a group shot at 11x17. That will be a good gauge for ink usage and ink flow.

I do hope once I do the video it will become evident.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
jtoolman What amazes me is that so far there has been Zero nozzle problems and no problems with ink flow. I've printed full 13 x19 prints immediately after refilling and re-installing the cart. I'll never been able to do that with my Epsons.
I have had no nozzle problems with mine either; I think it has something to do with the design of the cartridges.
There is a very small reservoir on the inside of the cartridge that stops any solids particles blocking the outlet to the sponge.

When you start up the printers it agitates these particles just before you print anything and so prevents any clog from forming.
The test will be this week as I have to print 37 copies of a group shot at 11x17. That will be a good gauge for ink usage and ink flow.
Just make sure you have full cartridges then load up your paper hit print and walk away,
thats what I do as this printer can take care of its self and needs no attention once its printing anything.
Good luck with your video..:)

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Jose,

Good result, always like to see consumers getting justice.

You might want to remove your email address from your post above to avoid getting spammed

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I have being refilling some more of these PGI-9s with my new refiller and can safely say
its the easiest method I have ever used to fill any cartridge, no mess and no waste.

I will have another up-date very soon on an even better way to refill using my freedom refiller mark ll.
It will be very interesting but I am afraid youll just have to wait a bit longer sorry.. ;)

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
What a tease you are HAT!

At least post a Trailer for the forthcoming epic :D

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model