The Hat ReFilling Method Mark ll for PGI-9 Cartridge.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
PunchDome.jpg

PunchOrangeCover.jpg

ShortenedNeedle.jpg

The needle is shortened so that it does not contact the pad or protrude beyond the rubber pad.

CanadianJig.jpg

InstalledJig.jpg

SyringeOnJig.jpg

The rubber pad provides an air tight seal that will allow perfect sealing.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
If you want a precision scale, the most convenient spot is to head over to the local Radio Shack or The Source. They have a scale suitable for weighing cartridges for $20, perhaps less in the USA. Just ask the store attendant for their mini scales. There are two models one is $20 and the other (older model) is $30. The $20 one is superior.

I wonder what young folks do with these? Hmmmmm...

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I have been able to confirm that the PGI-5, CLI-8 resetter that I carry will reset the 8 colors on the PGI-9. Modifications to the body are necessary to allow the contact pins on the resetter to align to the PGI-9 contacts.

PGI-9Mod2.jpg

PGI-9Mod.jpg

alvy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the PGI-7/PGI-9 chip resetter sold by weink http://www.weink.com/catalog/canon/0077.htm works for all pgi-9 carts. It looks like the same blue one presented above but this is selling for 69 bucks which is considerably more expensive than the CLI-8 ones we see online?? Is it the same product or a different one that actually really works?

I'm almost ready to order my 1st set of IS ink for my Pro9500 but i have problem getting the ARC or one time chips here in Sillypore. If this chip resetter works for all 10 carts, i'll be bagging it.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Just ordered it. I will report successes or failures as soon as I receive it.

alvy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
jtoolman said:
Just ordered it. I will report successes or failures as soon as I receive it.
thnx!!! hoping that it works well and i'll be getting one too!

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I am thinking, and hoping that the image of the supposed PGI-7 and 9 resetter is just a generic picture "representing" a "resetter" and not specifically the one being advertised to be the PGI-9 one. If you look at other ads for the familiar Canon resetter for the CLI-5 and 8 you will notice they are using the same image. I hope that is the case!!!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
alvy said:
I'm wondering if the PGI-7/PGI-9 chip resetter sold by weink http://www.weink.com/catalog/canon/0077.htm works for all pgi-9 carts. It looks like the same blue one presented above but this is selling for 69 bucks which is considerably more expensive than the CLI-8 ones we see online?? Is it the same product or a different one that actually really works?

I'm almost ready to order my 1st set of IS ink for my Pro9500 but i have problem getting the ARC or one time chips here in Sillypore. If this chip resetter works for all 10 carts, i'll be bagging it.
If you buy the resetter at that price you are being truly screwed altogether.
Youll have to either disable the ink monitoring and or use a onetime chip, ARC chip
because you can't reset the Bk black or grey so it might be worth your while to get something more permanent.
I still have a half dozen of the resetters left and going @ 20 P&P included for anyone interested..