Spongeless cartridge

DavidNelson720

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am trying to use an S300 Canon printer that has been inactive for several months. I bought new cartridges and installed them. However, while it prints well using the color cartridge, it will print nothing from the black. When I tried to do the Deep Cleaning from the Maintenance window, I got a message, Do not start a process while a process is going on. I can't find anywhere to stop whatever it thinks the current process is, so I wonder if there is a "clear buffer" command of some sort. Unplugging it and letting it stand doesn't work.

Any information would be much appreciated.

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
That is a standard message to so don't start anything else in th printer driver, eg. head alingnment. Just click ok and let it do it's thing.

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
cutemaker said:
3. very important--- refillable cartridge is different from cis cartridge. you cannot join the refill cartridge with tube to make ciss, if you do, ink will not flow smoothly. the two style of cartridge may looks simialr to eachother, but their inner frame are different.
Can't seem to establish if cutemaker's spongeless cartridges are the same as Jetyoung's. Physically they look the same in the pictures with the same labelling.

But this is the first time I have heard that spongeless CIS and spongeless refillables are different!
Panos if you are still in communication to ask Jetyoung if this is the case?

I will followup communication with cutemaker

DavidNelson720

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks tyamada. I let it run all night and this morning I got the same message when I tried to do deep cleaning commands. Is there anywhere to find and delete whatever process it is running?

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Back on topic

Cutemaker have sent a crude image of their spongeless cartridge , apparently there is a difference between the CIS and refillable cartridge, something to do with the "round" areas.

Cutemaker
inner_cartridge.jpg

Jetyoung
nosponge.jpg

Haven't worked out which one this is, but it is different from the picture of the jetyoung I posted earlier.

I am going to purchase both types from cutemaker and have a closer look. Reasonable at $1 US per cartridge (freight a bit steep at $25 to Australia)

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
OK , Cutemaker has sent me pictures of the BCI spongeless cartridge, the CIS and Refillable are structurally different ,- not sure what the word " flake" means - but the lower round area seems to have radial segmental compartments in the CIS cartridge.

These are certainly different from the Jetyoung cartridges( even the clips are different), I have ordered some from China and will try them out.

BCI3e_cis_ref.jpg

CooT

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have purchased this CIS system, by Cutemaker, but at the moment I have only troubles with it.

it started out the carts ar slotted out wrongly, bk3 <-> bk6 & Y6 <-> B6 are swapped

filled it up, but could not get the inkt towards the carts

finally i had some ink in place, all i got was black smudge out of the printhead ( and lot of air in the hose(s)

still working on a solution but I somehow fried my printhead, guess leakage or something, so have to get me a new one
(there is a burnhole on the cable)

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Here are some tricks I use

1. After the initial filling of a spongeless cartridge let it sit over night - seems to be a need for equilibration.
2. Press on the release pin on the exit port and see that ink comes out slowly - if it doesn't may increase positive pressure into cartridge with either a syringe attached to the connection on top of the cartridge, or you can elevate the ink bottle.
3. To remove the air from the feedline, remove from cartridge (right angled connections are just pushed into cartridge via a silastic sleeve.) and allow siphoning of line until cleared
4 Find foldback clips very useful to clamp off each tube separately and control flow

Foldback clips are these things http://www.mayfairstationers.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=506_267&products_id=2575

5 once cartridge in printer allow to sit for a while as ink may not prime printhead as fast as the sponge cartridges.
6 Use nozzle check pattern to check function, rather than printing images which may damage printhead if keeps printing without ink flowing. Use Cleaning mode as little as possible

CooT

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
OK thnx

Soon as my new printhead arrives I'll try again

@ Occular, do you have a working setup ? if so would you please post / mail a few pic's for me ?

Would very appreciate it more detail the better, for my supplier is n't able to give me a good manual to setup (he's willing, but not receiving of his either )