Spongeless cartridge

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
So is cutemaker prepared to replace the spongeless cartridges they sold me as refillable standalone cartridges seeing as they are "unstable" and don't work?

As fotofreek says it looks like the OEM "sponged" cartridge

Is this cartridge refillable in its current form?

Need to change the product description in the link

Product Description
Replace of Canon original Cartridge, this cartridge has no sponge, can hold more ink and ink flow smoothly!

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just to note I use the MIS spongeless cartridges for the EPSON printers (C88, R200, etc...) and they work very well with no problems..

They do have a few annoyances, namely a loose fitting stopper that can pop off and result in ink pouring into the printer, but that's easily solved with a bit of sticky tape :)

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
websnail, I don't have very much (almost no) experience with the insides of OEM Epson printers, but the couple I've seen dissected didn't have sponges. The spongeless you are using in your C88, are those replacing an OEM sponged cartridge?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
nifty-stuff.com said:
websnail, I don't have very much (almost no) experience with the insides of OEM Epson printers, but the couple I've seen dissected didn't have sponges. The spongeless you are using in your C88, are those replacing an OEM sponged cartridge?
To be fair I'm not using them in the context of a normal cartridge because they've been used to replace sponged carts that were originally supplied with a CIS from MIS Associates.

For all that though they seem to work ok and are being adopted by another aftermarket cartridge and CIS supplier in Holland especially now that the Epson lawsuit action has pushed other cart manufacturers into hot water. Part of the reason for the switch is explained here:
http://inksupply.info/?_a=announcements&_m=details&_i=67

The cartridges are available here:
http://www.inksupply.com/spongless_carts.cfm
... and the ones I'm using are shown top right with details provided half way down the full page.