Refilling Pixma Pro-100 / Beginner

ibanezfrelon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma PRO-100
Hi! I have the above mentioned printer and i would appreciate if someone could give me a little advice about what is the best way (read easy way) to refill the PRO-100 carts? Maybe a link to a thread that shows this.. Are there ink manufactors that should be avoided?
Thanx!

Luka.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi! I have the above mentioned printer and i would appreciate if someone could give me a little advice about what is the best way (read easy way) to refill the PRO-100 carts? Maybe a link to a thread that shows this.. Are there ink manufactors that should be avoided?
Thanx!

Luka.

Hi Luka
Here are two different ways for you to refill your CLI-42 cartridges,
you can try both methods and then choose whichever one you like the best,
but my advice is only fill OEM carts not compatible ones.

Now I know these two posts show a different cartridge than the one you’re using
but believe me these methods will work the very same on yours because
your cartridges are just rebadged CLI-8 carts.

There are thousands of ink sellers you should avoid especially the cheapest ones
but as you have not put in your location under your Avatar,
then that makes it harder to point you in the right direction.

http://www.printerknowledge.com/thr...thod-for-the-pgi-520-cli-521-cartridges.3806/
http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/top-filling-method-for-canon-cartridges.5534/

Methodical

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
USA
I am in the same boat as the OP. I just got my Pro 100, so no refills just yet, but I would like to try the method in the links above. One question. Where do I get the supplies (ink, needle etc.)? I am in Maryland, but do most my shopping online.

Thanks...Al

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I am in the same boat as the OP. I just got my Pro 100, so no refills just yet, but I would like to try the method in the links above. One question. Where do I get the supplies (ink, needle etc.)? I am in Maryland, but do most my shopping online.

Thanks...Al

Al I just sent you a message. I am also in Maryland!
Joe

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

Thanks...Al
Precision Colors out of Canada is the way to go for inksets for your Pro 100. The owner participates on this Forum. He goes by Mikling and is super customer oriented. He also sells needles and sundy refilling items including a chip resetter which has a discount when purchased with a refilling kit IIRC. Also, check out Precision Colors.com ICC page for your Pro 100 at http://www.precisioncolors.com/PC42ICC.html. Mikling provides these at his expense/labor. Very cool!

Another great place to get accessories in the USA is http://www.howardelectronics.com/jensen/index.html. You can find needles (2 inch or more if you are refilling the Durchstich method), needle caps, plastic squeeze bottles (highly recommended) and he even has colored plastic luer lock caps for the squeeze bottle. I would call Jensen and see what kind of package they could come up with for appropriate needles, needle caps/scabbards, plastic squeeze bottles and whether you want the color coded luer lock caps. I printed out labels for my squeeze bottles.

Are their other places to go for ink -- yes. Will they be better -- no. Since you are in the USA and own the Pro 100, Precision Colors is probably your best choice for ink sourcing and value (ICC profiles!).

ibanezfrelon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma PRO-100
Great help you have been, thanx!
I have ordered the kit with resetter from Precision Colors, we'll see how that works out.
Nice website, webshop sends worldwide, easy to order, thumbs up Precision Colors!

Thanx again!

Luka.

Methodical

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
USA
Thanks everyone for the help and responses. I will order the refill set from Precision Colors along with the resetter. So, let me make sure I have this right because I want to make sure I order everything I need the 1st time around.

1. Order from Precision Colors
2. Get the resetter
3. use squeeze bottle instead of needle
4. lock caps (not sure what these are or their purpose)

Question. What is the advantage of using a squeeze bottle vs. a needle? I am assuming it has something to do with the pressure in which they inject the ink.
Question. Are lock caps used to prevent the inks from drying in the bottle?

If there's anything I missed, please let me know.

Thanks...Al

Last edited: