Pro-1, banding issue on glossy/semi glossy paper

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
if the logic board was damaged then this printer simply wouldn’t even turn on.
I'm not sure that your statement holds true, at least 100% of the time, if the reports on this forum, rare as they have been, are to be believed.

While most if not all of the reports I've read about logic board assay damage have been anecdotal. There have been reports of logic board assay malfunction, such as those combined with print head malfunction, in which the printer did "turn on".

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@stratman, This Pro 1 is the exception, because it has the active EPROM, and if the logic board is damaged then the EPROM is also, game over, time to return it to Canon...:(

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
As many of you learnt at your own expenses ( I did ), buying an used Canon printer is a risky gamble, mostly for the printhead. Stay away from vendors advertising something like “ Canon Pixma XYZ in perfect shape. Purchased a couple of years ago, but barely used, I believe that some cartridges still have ink” - Meaning : printer left alone for months and plenty of nozzle clogs in all likelihood, possibly with unrecoverable electrical damage if he/she printed something after a long period of neglect without performing first a nozzle test and the consequent cleaning, if needed.

@Frederik Forsberg - You should consider also that genuinely new printheads for Canon Pro models prior to the Pro1/10/100 are unavailable in Europe AFAIK. If the nozzle check of an eventual Pro9500/Pro9000 turns out less than perfect, send it back, even if it’s a huge bargain. You wouldn’t be able to get a reliable new printhead.

Frederik Forsberg

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1
As many of you learnt at your own expenses ( I did ), buying an used Canon printer is a risky gamble, mostly for the printhead. Stay away from vendors advertising something like “ Canon Pixma XYZ in perfect shape. Purchased a couple of years ago, but barely used, I believe that some cartridges still have ink” - Meaning : printer left alone for months and plenty of nozzle clogs in all likelihood, possibly with unrecoverable electrical damage if he/she printed something after a long period of neglect without performing first a nozzle test and the consequent cleaning, if needed.

Unfortunately thats exactly what I did - obviously I didn't know the first thing about printers and maintenance when I bought it, but I should definitely have checked here first. Obviously I am still pretty green :rolleyes:

@Frederik Forsberg - You should consider also that genuinely new printheads for Canon Pro models prior to the Pro1/10/100 are unavailable in Europe AFAIK. If the nozzle check of an eventual Pro9500/Pro9000 turns out less than perfect, send it back, even if it’s a huge bargain. You wouldn’t be able to get a reliable new printhead.

hm... I don't own a shred of patience so I already ordered a new printhead for the pro-1. The chances of a 9500 mark II or similar being put up for sale close to me again is pretty low either way.

I had to put out around 180 eur with shipping and tax. All in all its not a great feeling, but I guess its not that bad after all - initially I thought I would have to go through an official Canon repairman which would probably end up costing me around 4-500 eur.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
As requested a nozzle check. The colors might be a little off, let me know if I need to upload another version.
As may have been already said, You print head is DEAD!!!! GY and DGY channels are showing electronic failure as you can see only 50% of the band printed on both. That is the source of your Banding problems.

original

Edit:

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
that print head is dead after 1000 printed pages for 1000$ cost printer?
OMG! My Epson P600 did print 2361 pages whit no problem..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
So what happened to your P600 - why did you switch to the Pro-1 ?

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
I use it, i don't have pro 1 haha...

Edit: