Pro-1, banding issue on glossy/semi glossy paper

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
After reading the informative posts of @Adriatix, I realize now that the printhead of my IP3000 must be a fake and not original Canon because I’ve printed 46000 pages with cheap generic ink and it hasn’t self destroyed as it should.
Really, one can’t trust anybody nowadays.

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
After reading the informative posts of @Adriatix, I realize now that the printhead of my IP3000 must be a fake and not original Canon because I’ve printed 46000 pages with cheap generic ink and it hasn’t self destroyed as it should.

don't share stupidity .You just now that Epson ink is difrend than Canon ink.If you buy a non OEM ink whit wrong formulation you are baked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4347r6k-GHw

Last edited:

Adriatix

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP 1800 MG3500
If you have ever had on some technical university a listen on subject of electric component design and reliability you must have been listening how hoe in the process of design some component you always first us high reliability margins. Then you reduce these margins when you knew more in detail how this design works and what business model or politic of that particular company is

Now this inkjet technology is so mature that designers can do what ever they have been told to do with a great centrality.

Obvious with iP 3000 they have not been certain what they should do. Now they are much more aware of that

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
@Borut, @Adriatix, Stupidity works in many guises, and @Artur5 was just proving the point that 3rd party ink work just as well as OEM and better than homemade stuff...

You forgot to say right formulation ink for your printer!
I dont say that non OEM ink does not work,i use PCHDSE ink for my Epson P600.

Frederik Forsberg

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1
SUCCESS!

So I finally had time to install my new printhead with the guidance of @The Hat . I immediately got a B200, and had to spend some days working around that (turning the printer off and on again). It finally cooperated and I got to replace the head after changing some ink tanks. Just printed head alignment and my first nozzle check that I suppose looks like it should? - please see attached.

I gotta thank everyone who contributed in this thread and especially The Hat who helped me out tremendously!

Getting started with a used printer and a messed up printhead have turned out to be kind of a nightmare. I am sure I will never be frustrated with my printer again ;)

I think everything looks good, but please let me know if there is anything wrong haha :fl

Kind Regards
Frederik

Attachments

• nozzle check_pro1.jpg
    nozzle check_pro1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 282

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
A quick Google search on "Canon Pro 1 nozzle check" provides the following Canon link:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/PRO-1 v1-1 series/EN/BG/Bg-Maintenance1300.html

Maybe this is also found in your Canon user manual for you to compare.

please let me know if there is anything wrong haha
The image you uploaded may represent a good nozzle check and therefore a congratulations is in order. But, the GO swath on the bottom left is either bad or poorly photographed. Make sure what you post is actually representative of the true nozzle check or else you are wasting time or, worse, creating a problem where there is none.

Frederik Forsberg

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1
A quick Google search on "Canon Pro 1 nozzle check" provides the following Canon link:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/PRO-1 v1-1 series/EN/BG/Bg-Maintenance1300.html

Maybe this is also found in your Canon user manual for you to compare.

The image you uploaded may represent a good nozzle check and therefore a congratulations is in order. But, the GO swath on the bottom left is either bad or poorly photographed. Make sure what you post is actually representative of the true nozzle check or else you are wasting time or, worse, creating a problem where there is none.

Looks good to me - no streaks in any direction and solid colors all around - except for the CO square which has a 'pattern' of four squares, but I gather that this is expected.

Thank you :) I am pretty sure the swath you are referring to (triangular shaped) is due to bad lighting and a poor photo. I can take a better picture tomorrow. you guys have made me super nervous about printing stuff, and rightfully so.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
you guys have made me super nervous about printing stuff
Our job is nearly done. ;)

You are correct to be cautious when there is a printing issue and only print nozzle checks until the issue clears or a trusted source recommends otherwise. :thumbsup

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
or a trusted source recommends otherwise. :thumbsup
On examining the nozzle check that Frederik sent me thoroughly, I went over it closely in Photoshop and have given him the all clear to go and print to his heart’s content.
It’s a great day when someone can nurse a duff printer back to good health again. :weee