Primera LX900 LX2000 Chip bypass

Cameron

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Primera LX2000, LX900, LX400
I just bought an LX2000 about a month ago, and have been looking for refills or cheaper cartridges. While searching online I found this thread. I also was able to peal the labels off of one of my empty black cartridges, and it is just a relabeled HP 950(CN049S) cartridge. I would assume any 950 compatible cartridge would work? thoughts?

I also bought the LX2000 maybe 6 months ago... and its sat on the shelf ever since. Depending on how much your printing, the inability to use aftermarket inks, chips with the LX2000 simply make the cost to operate these new printers much much higher than the LX900. We run four LX900 in total and using aftermarket ink/cartridge and replacement chips with our LX900 printers, we put together about 10 sets of all four 4 colors for about $129. I have to buy the empty cartridge, and chips in bulk though but its well worth it. I dont know if you've seen the print quality of the LX900 vs the LX2000 but I believe they are the same quality, if not the difference isnt noticable. Heres what our product labels look like coming out of the LX900.

My recommendation, return your LX2000 and buy two refurbished LX900 printers. Your going to get the same quality print job plus you then have a back up printer, and your also going to save 90% in the operation cost.

barleybones

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Primera LX2000
I received an interesting error message that I have not see before. At one point intake I had been buying HP 950 set up cartridges form Amazon, and using then as the per ml cost was much cheaper then ink from Primera. The printer had no issue with them. At some point it refused to print with them, and I had to go back to the Primera cartridges. Well last week I ran out, and decided to insert the old refilled cartridge I had been using previously. Well rather then tell me know you can use it, a message popped up on my Mac telling me it thought it was counterfeit or had been refilled with no Primera ink. I was surprised and clicked the ignore button. It proceeded to cycle through thew rest of my cartridges, and emptied out a couple that were very low. I replaced them, and it has been printing on the 'counterfeit' cartridge ever since. Has anyone else seen this?

quamen

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
hp
I received an interesting error message that I have not see before. At one point intake I had been buying HP 950 set up cartridges form Amazon, and using then as the per ml cost was much cheaper then ink from Primera. The printer had no issue with them. At some point it refused to print with them, and I had to go back to the Primera cartridges. Well last week I ran out, and decided to insert the old refilled cartridge I had been using previously. Well rather then tell me know you can use it, a message popped up on my Mac telling me it thought it was counterfeit or had been refilled with no Primera ink. I was surprised and clicked the ignore button. It proceeded to cycle through thew rest of my cartridges, and emptied out a couple that were very low. I replaced them, and it has been printing on the 'counterfeit' cartridge ever since. Has anyone else seen this?

Are you having issues with the refilling? I stopped refilling because the print quality was terrible and the colors were becoming mixed etc. I never though about buying the starter cartridges but I will look into this. The bypass method listed in this thread by actually modifying the program back end itself is interesting but way too complicated for my computer knowledge. do you have a link to the cartridges you are buying?

Ron Mops

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Primera LX900e
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum.

Sorry for digging this post but I recently buy a used Primera LX900e and find this interesting discussion.

I do the trick to change the chips and refill the cartidges. All seem to works except the fact that I can't make the rotation of 4 chips (A-B-A-B). The problem seem to be the last firmware that allow the printer to memorize more than 3 chips.

I'm now trying to downgrade the printer firmware. Does anybody know what is the latest firmware that seem to works for chips rotation ?

I will try to make it works and share the result with you.

Thank's

Ron

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The problem seem to be the last firmware that allow the printer to memorize more than 3 chips.
The moral of the story is:- Never allow a firmware upgrade to be done no matter what, no good will ever come from it.. Well nearly none..

Ron Mops

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Primera LX900e
You are absolutely right on that point The Hat ! The problem is that it was an used printer and it was already with this sh*tty firmware. However, I will try to downgrade. The most difficult part is to get the firmware and driver. But i'm on my way. If it works, I'll will make a post with the procedure to follow.

Cheer's

Latest posts