1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Epson Stylus Pro9600 Printing on Polycotton
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Primera LX900 LX2000 Chip bypass

Discussion in 'Non OEM Ink & Cartridge Suppliers' started by PrimeraBoy, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Jan 19, 2018
    Cameron

Cameron Printing Apprentice

Printer Model:
    Primera LX2000, LX900, LX400
    I also bought the LX2000 maybe 6 months ago... and its sat on the shelf ever since. Depending on how much your printing, the inability to use aftermarket inks, chips with the LX2000 simply make the cost to operate these new printers much much higher than the LX900. We run four LX900 in total and using aftermarket ink/cartridge and replacement chips with our LX900 printers, we put together about 10 sets of all four 4 colors for about $129. I have to buy the empty cartridge, and chips in bulk though but its well worth it. I dont know if you've seen the print quality of the LX900 vs the LX2000 but I believe they are the same quality, if not the difference isnt noticable. Heres what our product labels look like coming out of the LX900.

My recommendation, return your LX2000 and buy two refurbished LX900 printers. Your going to get the same quality print job plus you then have a back up printer, and your also going to save 90% in the operation cost.

2. Mar 9, 2018
    barleybones

barleybones Printing Apprentice

Printer Model:
    Primera LX2000
    I received an interesting error message that I have not see before. At one point intake I had been buying HP 950 set up cartridges form Amazon, and using then as the per ml cost was much cheaper then ink from Primera. The printer had no issue with them. At some point it refused to print with them, and I had to go back to the Primera cartridges. Well last week I ran out, and decided to insert the old refilled cartridge I had been using previously. Well rather then tell me know you can use it, a message popped up on my Mac telling me it thought it was counterfeit or had been refilled with no Primera ink. I was surprised and clicked the ignore button. It proceeded to cycle through thew rest of my cartridges, and emptied out a couple that were very low. I replaced them, and it has been printing on the 'counterfeit' cartridge ever since. Has anyone else seen this?

3. Mar 10, 2018
    quamen

quamen Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    hp

Are you having issues with the refilling? I stopped refilling because the print quality was terrible and the colors were becoming mixed etc. I never though about buying the starter cartridges but I will look into this. The bypass method listed in this thread by actually modifying the program back end itself is interesting but way too complicated for my computer knowledge. do you have a link to the cartridges you are buying?