Little striping problem with Canon Pixma MP760

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Is the image in post #29 supposed to be the same as the image in post #2? The portion that I can see doesn't match at all. Furthermore, the image seems to be in landscape rather than portrait configuration and only the top 1/3 has an image, the middle 1/3 is black and the bottom 1/3 is grey.

vilrockerdefer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Maybe your software doesn't allow you to fully display such a large image. I checked that the file is correct and I don't have any grey and black parts. The image in post 2 was the right third of the full image in post 29.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
No wonder I douldn't identify it!! My image goes just below the three stars on the right that form a triangle.

Do you think you could capture just the right third of the original image and save it at a lower resolution as a jpeg so that it is just a few megabytes and print that and make sure it has the problem with stripes and email that to me?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Thanks, got it, and I can open it with all my applications.

Just so as to not waste a lot of photo paper and to make sure we are comparing apples with apples, when you print this on plain paper from Paint but telling the printer that you are using Photo Paper Pro with the Quality set to 1, do you see the stripes?

And, by the way, that is an awesome picture. I guess if we had eyes like the Hubble telelscope, we would see lots of this kind of stuff and then it would be mundane, like looking at a field of flowers.

vilrockerdefer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I never tried anything on plain paper, only photo paper. I'm still looking for Canon Photo Paper Pro.

This picture is awesome indeed. It is funny how some areas with yellow lights and shadows are similar to some effects used to depict divine interventions, for example in this painting from Renaissance artist Tintoretto.
4169_tintoretto-1.jpg

vilrockerdefer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
OK, I tried printing on plain paper and I have branding all over the picture.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I double-clicked on the file you emailed me and it opened in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. I printed it on plain paper but telling the printer I was using Photo Paper Pro with a quality of 1. It printed without any stripes or other problem, although the colors were washed out due to the plain paper. I repeated with a matte photo paper I have. Still no problem.

So, what is "branding all over the picture"?

Why are you introducing another picture in post #36? Does it also have a problem? Is the picture a scan of a printout or is it from a source file?

vilrockerdefer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The striping "all over the picture" is the problem exposed in posts 6 and 20, except that it extends not only to the orange cloud but to the whole picture when I print on plain paper (with quality set to 1).

Now I am wondering if it is not the ink I am using that may cause the problem instead of the paper as I am having trouble finding Canon Photo Paper pro to confirm it and now that you said that no striping occurs with your mp760.

The Tintoretto painting has nothing problematic and was not posted to cast light on the problem, it was just a picture I found on the net to illustrate similarities between representations of God, fire, and some stuff you can see in Nebulas.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
What cartridges and ink are you using? How do you refill?

If you find Canon Photo Paper Pro (PPP), it will not change the way the image prints, in other words, that by itself will not solve this problem.

Can you reprint the color bars on plain paper but with the PPP selected to see if the stripes develop?

I would also suggest that you make some full pages of different solid colors using Paint and print them to find out which colors you're are having the problem with. Then you can purchase a Canon OEM cartridge for that color to see if it fixes the problem. Actually, I think you should just go ahead and replace the four thin cartridges with Canon OEM to see if that fixes the problem.