Little striping problem with Canon Pixma MP760

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
You might want to look REALLY CLOSE at the service test print grids to see if the nozzles are firing with the correct pattern. I had a similar persistent problem. See:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2359&p=4

Note that while the grid appeared "full" upon casual examination, upon close examination THE WRONG NOZZLES WERE FIRING.

It was solved only by replacing the printhead.....

Wayne

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
vilrockerdefer said:
ghwellsjr said:
When you printed this, was it rotated from the way it appears in the post? [...]
It was printed in landscape mode (not rotated from the way it appears in the post)
I went to post #19, clicked on the color test pattern link, went to File/Print menu, went to the Page Setup tab, selected Landscape, and then clicked on the Print button.

The image that came out of the printer was rotated 90 degrees from the way it appeared on the screen and it chopped off the MAGENTA, and GREY bars. The print head moved across the printed page by printing first the black end of all the bars and proceeding to the light end of all the bars.

So how did you get your print out to include all the bars in landscape?

vilrockerdefer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
So how did you get your print out to include all the bars in landscape?
I didn't print it full size.

I tried to clean the printhead with a "nozzle cleaning fluid" (a green fluid that came with a plastic needle) by pouring drops into the nozzles and letting the printhead soak for half an hour.

The branding improved. It came back to what it was when I started this thread.

Still, I think I'm going to stop research now. In fact, I discovered that you can order traditional silver prints for a very limited cost. So I will just finish my stock of photo paper and ink and switch to that method, which has similar results or better in quality, costs not more, and stays longer (silver print is more stable).

Anyway, I'd like to thank, a lot, everybody involved in this thread for their help.

Fred

P.S.: I don't want to buy a new printhead for the second time.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I can understand why you might be frustrated in getting this to work.

I do want to make one comment, not that it matters in your case, but for the sake of anyone else using the color test pattern that I created (link on post #19), and that is, you should print this image in full size in portrait mode because each column of pixels is a different shade of color than the adjacent ones. Resizing it can create artifacts that you don't want to introduce in an image that you are using for diagnostic purposes.

bruhowes

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Does the same problem occur when you use OEM ink? Have you tried it?

vilrockerdefer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
@bruhowes : Yes I did.

Finally I noticed lately that the branding varies from one print to another without any reason.

Just to be sure I printed the same picture over and over again with exactly the same settings and I indeed discovered that the branding varies quite significantly.

So I am still confused, but as I stated before, I don't wan't to spend any more time (mine and other's) on this.

In my experience, in all kinds of matter, not only computers, problems that occur only randomly are the worst to diagnose, so I think stopping this case is the most reasonable.

Cheers
fred