Lazarus

I know that in a printer that uses one PBK and one tricolor cartridge (can't remember if it was HP or Canon) nozzles fired during cleaning. Maybe that's what is disabled for that refilled cartridge...
 
Tudor wrote:

I know that in a printer that uses one PBK and one tricolor cartridge (can't remember if it was HP or Canon) nozzles fired during cleaning. Maybe that's what is disabled for that refilled cartridge...
If I remember correctly, I read somewhere on the forum, that nozzle cleaning for separate Canon print heads works the same way. If so this could be bad news. I think it is possibly to disable these nozzle firings for a single (refilled) cartridge via a firmware modification. Maybe the lack of nozzle firings during a nozzle cleaning could make the cleaning less efficient, eventually leading to clogged nozzles?

But I think this could be comparable to a count down mechanism for self-destruct, so could Canon really behave that badly? Is installing a such self destruct mechanism legal? or is it just part of a scare tactic?
 
Im taking the opposite position here I dont think they can do that or would want to either,
why would Canon want to disable one single colour head from the cleaning routine, think about it for a minute.

Sure if they did that then that single head would be starved of ink leading it to a total burn out,
where would that leave Canon in the courts, like we deliberately disabled the ink to the head that burned out your honour !

The purge unit is mechanical and is not subject to individual commands it either performs a cleaning service or it doesnt,
the print owner has the choice as to which set of ink heads they want to clean not the firmware,
it just looks like Canon want to scare the hell out of the owner for daring to use refilled cartridges,
only time will tell thats for sure..:hide
 
I finally got a set of ARC’s from China for my Pro1 and put them in yesterday.:weee

As expected the printer did a full purge on all the ink tanks before it could print
but it only wasted about 35 ml of ink in total,
which isn’t bad considering this printer has its own CISS system.

I will monitor the ink usage myself over the coming months and check
to make sure that these ARC’s are behaving themselves (Always Showing full). :hide

So it’s Happy Printing from now on and no more annoying pop-ups every 20 minutes..:celebrate

Pro 1 ARC.JPG
 
As expected the printer did a full purge on all the ink tanks before it could print but it only wasted about 35 ml of ink in total
:th
 
2.91 ml per color is not that bad since you are refilling anyway!
Joe
 
Back
Top