Epson L1800 Weird Issue

saproics

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L1800
I will start by saying I'm fairly new at printing certainly do not know much about anything, but I bought this printer L1800 after looking at reviews ALOT.
All well until today, when I went to print a photo o magnetic paper, which I had before on this very printer and all was well.
So I printed out 1, and went to print another, which had alot of green in it, basically a photo taken on a freshly moved lawn. It came out weird as in very jaded colours and obvious colour issues with the a green hue to the whole picture. Thing is, all photos pretty much come out like this now. and I have tried various settings and papers. I though maybe I left it unussed for too long and it dried out, but then again 1st photo I printed out was just fine.
So I am attaching one test photo I printed out, something I found online.
Any ideas or pointers on where to look and what to fix would be gretly apreciated

MatrixLarge.jpg
20200826_170229.jpg

Ubuki

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L1800
Late reply, maybe not the right answer but...

The black ink is obviously blocked, magenta as well probably, since the print looks green. The time this happened to me, in the middle of a print, Epson support suggested I made a power flush. The problem turned out to be I hadn't turned the transportation lock a full 180° after transporting the printer.

hc965c013h.gif

Alternating cleaning cycles and solid color prints eventually filled the empty hoses and all was back to normal. The power flush was not needed in the end.