Cleaning solution: the ultimate test

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Here's my tip and a nod to the great work of @turbguy with a bonus for @The Hat, no extra charge. If only we met to try these beauties.

First up, an 8 year old sipping Bourbon from Cleveland (!) ready to come out from quarantine.

Western Reserve Bourbon.jpg

Smooth as the dew from the field of clover in the morning sunrise over County Wicklow.

Teelings.jpg

Pictures courtesy of my old Kindle.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Or the specials...

Exclusive Wyoming Whiskey Edition:
Hole In The Wall​

nvzPynbfd60s8LOfvNSOYPkfPGkmrx41XWxKWrBRPQkV3ubyfDz2IUgsR2iuMLboHAcL5AHgNLgIgiWGPTUVC6TsCIlkdbFd5bR-qQzVbngM2Ml2Bd91jhD7HGJSEupqWUTSJtHSB4VUsKlhBiTRU2UWMA=s0-d-e1-ft

At the turn of the last century, bank robbers, moonshiners, and seducers thrived in the isolated territory that is now Hot Springs County, Wyoming. The Outlaw Trail was well travelled during this lawless time and saloons were sought out as the hubs of activity, legal or not. The Hole in the Wall, originally established as Skinner’s, appropriated its name from the notorious mountain hideout to the east. Built in the center of Thermopolis, the joint history of these saloons includes patrons Butch and Sundance, shooting irons, and a contempt for temperance.

Hole in the Wall is this summer’s annual Wyoming-only release and pays tribute to the lawless past of Hot Springs County, home to Wyoming Whiskey. This 99 proof bourbon (Thermopolis was incorporated in 1899) is rich in flavor with aromas and flavors of pineapple upside down cake, cinnamon toast, brown butter, and brown baking spices. Eight of our finest barrels were specifically selected for their depth and character to create this very collectible, and incredibly drinkable, Wyoming-made straight bourbon whiskey. Only 220 cases will be made available to retailers across Wyoming on July 2nd, and available to you as early as July 3rd. As was the case with Eclipse, Steamboat, and Statesman, Hole in the Wall will be in high demand. If you are interested in getting your hands on a bottle, or two, contact your preferred liquor store and have them set one aside.

On behalf of Brad and Kate Mead, and everyone at Wyoming Whiskey, I thank you for your continued support and look forward to hearing your thoughts on Hole in the Wall. And if you’d like to learn more about the rich history of our county, visit http://thermopolismuseum.com/, or stop by the Hot Springs Museum and Cultural Center in downtown Thermopolis, where the Hole in the Wall back bar is on display along with an impressive collection of items from our past.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Steamboat defines and embodies the untamable spirit of the state of Wyoming. He was the star of the rodeos and Wild West shows for 15 years. A legendary bucker, he was jet black with three white feet. He received his name because, when he was a colt, he sustained a broken nose, which caused him to make a whistling sound when he bucked. Throughout his tenure as Wyoming's worse bucker, Steamboat was ridden only a handful of times. His trademark move was to plant his front feet straight into the ground while throwing his back legs into the air.

Steamboat is buried on Frontier Park grounds near bucking chute #9, the only animal ever given the honor of being interred on Cheyenne Frontier Days park grounds. In 1975, Steamboat was inducted into the National Cowboy Hall of Fame in Oklahoma City, in 1979, into the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame in Colorado Springs and in 2002 into the Cheyenne Frontier Days Hall of Fame.

Wyoming debuted the horse and rider image in 1936 as part of its license plate design. It is now the longest-running license plate motif in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucking_Horse_and_Rider

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Smooth as the dew from the field of clover in the morning sunrise over County Wicklow
Ah, come on @stratman, that Teeling Whiskey is not in the same league ..;)
There’s a lot of lovely Bourbon on show, so when do you sample their delights, I’d be tempted to start before noon… Then @stratman and @turbguy can tell me the whole story over again..:hugs:hugs

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
when do you sample their delights
One of them is reserved for a BBQ with my 96 year old uncle, his son-in-law and a couple of my friends. We'll be grilling venison and wild pig.

The other is waiting for you, uncle. :hugs

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I think we have drifted away from the intent of this thread
Says the guy who drifted like a hobo on the thread.

Yes, the thread drifted, however, the pointed appropriation of my avatar seems a personal attack and not a coincidence.

Explain your post.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Says the guy who drifted like a hobo on the thread.

Yes, the thread drifted, however, the pointed appropriation of my avatar seems a personal attack and not a coincidence.

Explain your post.
Found it online and thought it was clever. If not, you have my apologies.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Found it online and thought it was clever. If not, you have my apologies.
You apologize if I did not find your post clever?

Clever is what you thought of your post. I asked for an explanation.

CarecaIII

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-7720, Canon Pro 100s
Many forum members have enjoyed my formula to condition the sponge of Canon cartridges.

The formula is as follows:

-3 ml propylene glycol (or 2 % glycerol)
-20 ml isopropylalcohol
-distilled water up to 100 ml

The cleaning solution to free up clogged printheads is by adding 20-25 drops of concentrated ammonia to each 100 ml of cleaning solution.

Hi. Congratulations for the useful advice to regenerate the sponges of Canon Cli-42 cartridges.
In the pharmacy I found 85% glycerol.
To have the same composition, how many ml of 85% glycerol should I use?

Thank you.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
As your glycerol only contains 85% glycerol and rest water, the amount of glycerol in the formula should be changed to 2/0.85 = 2.35 ml

The revised formula then becomes:
  • 2,35 ml 85% glycerol
  • 20 ml isopropyl alcohol
  • Distilled/de-mineralized water up to 100 ml.
The cleaning solution to free up clogged printheads is by adding 20-25 drops of concentrated ammonia to each 100 ml of cleaning solution.

Last edited: