Canon MX922 Is There Service Tool or Service Mode?

Technician

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iX6850
My mrs. owned a Renault once that when you started it up would run for exactly 11 seconds then switch off. We eventually got it to a garage whereby the mechanic reset the electronics and all was well, and we were 75 quid lighter.
Apparently Renault cars have a habit of deciding they don't want you to drive them sometimes, it's all pre programed into their firmware.
A bit like printers it seems.

arw4

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX925 plus a few others
My mrs. owned a Renault once that when you started it up would run for exactly 11 seconds then switch off. We eventually got it to a garage whereby the mechanic reset the electronics and all was well, and we were 75 quid lighter.
Apparently Renault cars have a habit of deciding they don't want you to drive them sometimes, it's all pre programed into their firmware.
A bit like printers it seems.
I always think that the old ones are the best! :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Technician, you can argue this till the cows come home and that won’t change a thing, Canon flags the waste ink pads full to stop you making a mess in your own environment, and if that stuff gets out, wow it will be bad for you because the wife will kill you...

Canon terms and conditions are there for all to see and when you install the printer you must agree to them, or it won’t install, alternatively you can send the printer back for a full no quibble refund.

The Service tool programs out there are not official Canon programs, they have been misappropriated and are hooky, and you are using them to hack into copyrighted software, if that’s not illegal then what is.

You are in fact by your own admission committing an offence, and no Queens Council are going to defend you against copyright law with that evidence, so no I wasn’t drifting off the subject, I was merely reinstating its copyrighted software.

The status que at the moment is we can’t hack the printer to reset the waste ink counter, but maybe in time this will come about in the future as before, but until then most new printers are stuck in limbo...

Now Canon do offer an alternative to the print owner when their waste ink pads fill, you simply bring the printer to a Service Agent and they will gladly give your printer a complete service, making it like new again.

But one word of caution, you must return the printer yourself, and if you use the services of a courier, then Canon will refuse outright to service the printer, and you may ask why ?, and they’ll tell you.

Because the waste ink will have leaked out and covered most of the insides of the printers’ parts and electronic boards, making the job impossible, improper handling will have caused this condition, i.e. not keeping the printer up right always during transit...

P.S. I’m on your side, I hate this practice also..

Palatino

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5150
So the conclusion is don't buy a CANON printer!

About Epson printer, this is the 1rst time I can see a removable / disposable waste ink tank o_O

Epson XP-6000 :

Waste_XP6000.jpg

where is the scam?

Last edited:

Technician

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iX6850
@The Hat...
Unfortunately for Canon, Epson, and many other manufacturers of electronic equipment, causing a device to cease functioning correctly after a pre programed length of time can, and has fallen foul to such legislation as the Unfair Commercial Practises Directive not to mention UK consumer law. As of yet I've not had to hack any firmware/software or use any tools official or otherwise on a printer and it's unlikely I'll have to either.

This sort of nonsense has been going on for years and years, I can clearly remember computer manufacturers advising their customers not to upgrade their machines as that would void any warranty.... complete and utter bs.

Under UK law if my printer develops a fault anytime during the next 18 months (in my case) I would be required to return it to wherever I had purchased it, where upon the store would forward it to Canon for repair/replacement.
Should any further damage to the printer occur as a result of incorrect transport methods that would be no concern of mine, and would almost certainly result in free service/replacement.

As a retired businessman I am well aware of all the rules and regulations that exist here in the UK, and you can rest assured I will NOT be issued with a blooded nose by any printer manufacturer under any circumstances. ;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
We could go over this for years and never find the answer your looking for, but rest assured, you’d want to have deep pockets to have a legal argument with Canon Inc.

I’d sooner stock up on Canon printers that I know will work for years without any intervention from its parent company, and I have, and all I need is ink and no barristers... ;)

arw4

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX925 plus a few others
I’d sooner stock up on Canon printers that I know will work for years without any intervention from its parent company, and I have, and all I need is ink and no barristers... ;)
I have just bought a reasonably priced new spare genuine Canon print head for one of my Canon printers. It just so happens that the new print head comes packaged within a brand new ip7250 with a set of starter inks to boot!
:celebrate:weee
Just found out it doesn't make toast!!!
:he

Last edited: