Canon Chip Removal Made Easy

Coldface

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
"the Hat".,
My god that certainly was easy.

Well since you put it like that I don't really want all the hassle of changing Chios etc,etc
this is not a hobby its a living so the least I have to do the better ,so I want to go the way of
doing away with the chip idea and check levels myself, I take it there some method of being
able to look at a ink level, and I take it I will be able to use any compatable cartridge.

Further Help Please can you recommend a make of cartridge that gives a Good result and will not
cost a fortune

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for that advice and help

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Coldface
"the Hat".,
My god that certainly was easy.

Well since you put it like that I don't really want all the hassle of changing Chios etc,etc
this is not a hobby its a living so the least I have to do the better ,so I want to go the way of
doing away with the chip idea and check levels myself, I take it there some method of being
able to look at a ink level, and I take it I will be able to use any compatable cartridge.

Further Help Please can you recommend a make of cartridge that gives a Good result and will not
cost a fortune
It doesnt matter whether you use OEM or compatible cartridges you will still have to swap the chips over each time for any European cartridges to be accepted. (Hence the suggested refilling angle)

Because you have the US version printer you have to use the US chips, so you could buy your compatibles cartridges on Amazon US, as to the quality of these cartridges and inks well thats anybodys guess, but try to avoid the ones for $8 and free shipping (Total Rubbish)

If youre going to use cheap compatibles cartridges then you can expect some little niggling problem to occur, but hopefully theyll stay little and cause you few problems. (Fingers crossed)

Once all of your cartridges are installed and the chip is showing out of ink then youll have to disable the ink monitoring of each cartridge (Usually) one by one by holding in the resume (Orange flashing) button for five seconds and then releasing.

The disabling operation on each chip only has to be done the once and it wont trouble you ever again no matter how many times you use them, but you now must accept the responsibility for your own ink monitoring.

An easy question to answer because there is only one cartridge thats guaranteed to work 100% of the time and that is a guanine Canon cartridge, which happens to be the most expensive too, unfortunately.

So again this is where refilling come to the rescue, you can get the greatest results and the lowest running costs which is what youre looking for when you switch to refilling your own OEM cartridges. (It's easy too)

Compatible cartridges dont have all that great reliability, you can have three cartridges in a set that works perfectly and the fourth that doesnt so I couldnt recommend any US brand cartridges because I have never use them (Only European ones) and can still only suggest the use of OEMs.

They say that there is no such thing as a free lunch..
Well when you refill your OEM carts with I.S. inks in conjunction with a resetter it comes darn close to being free.. :thumbsup

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
For the receiving cartridge, it is better to remove a circle around the nipple and the lift the chip to clear the cut nipple and then slide off to the right.
If you do it the way I describe, you will be left with enough nipple protruding so that when you install the transferred chip, you can melt the protrusion a little to hold the chip down again without adhesives or tape.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Smooth indeed!

I will send you my scripts for you to pre record for all my future productions and I will dub your sound tracks in.

Joe

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I will send you my scripts for you to pre record for all my future productions and I will dub your sound tracks in.
Perhaps we could do a sort of exchange program where you translate to American English and I do the reverse on your own. I'm sure we could handle the Aussie and Canadian too eh? ;)