What "power cleaners" might work for Epson inkjet printer (WF-8510) ?

John Smith

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Espon Workforce Pro WF-8150
Hello

My Epson, Worforce-Pro, WF-8510 (an A3 business inkjet printer) has started printing the cyan colour incorrectly. Flat areas of colour have banding. The Nozzle check has gaps.

As suggested by Epson webchat support staff, I have run the "Clean Heads" utility 6 times today but the "banding" is unimproved. >:^[

BACKGROUND
My Printer is just under 3 years old. I have used it regularly but have not printed high volumes with it. When I phoned Epson UK Support today they confirmed that I definitely do not have an extended warranty. I can't afford to get Epson to fix my printer as this would cost GBP 358 (which is more than 50% of what the printer cost!!), so I am now ready to throw the printer onto a skip(!!).

He suggested that some customers use some sort of "power cleaner" (called "bullet" or "silver bullet" he wasn't sure). He said it would invalidate all warranties but who cares!

Can you recommend any "power cleaners"?

Cheers

J

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
about every supplier of refill inks has a cleaner in his offerings; and there are quite some forum contributions to this subject
https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/cleaning-solution-the-ultimate-test.5296/page-7#post-97208
some favour a cleaner containing ammonia - Windex may be available for your area depending on your country of residence, or you search for 'pharmacist‘s solution' for such a cleaner here.
Some prefer or refer to a cleaner called Piezoflush sold by inkjetmall in the U.S. They claim it to be a miracle solution.....

Latest posts