1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Epson Stylus Pro 4900 Problem.
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

What "power cleaners" might work for Epson inkjet printer (WF-8510) ?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by John Smith, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Apr 1, 2019
    John Smith

John Smith Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    Espon Workforce Pro WF-8150
    Hello

My Epson, Worforce-Pro, WF-8510 (an A3 business inkjet printer) has started printing the cyan colour incorrectly. Flat areas of colour have banding. The Nozzle check has gaps.

As suggested by Epson webchat support staff, I have run the "Clean Heads" utility 6 times today but the "banding" is unimproved. >:^[

BACKGROUND
    My Printer is just under 3 years old. I have used it regularly but have not printed high volumes with it. When I phoned Epson UK Support today they confirmed that I definitely do not have an extended warranty. I can't afford to get Epson to fix my printer as this would cost GBP 358 (which is more than 50% of what the printer cost!!), so I am now ready to throw the printer onto a skip(!!).

He suggested that some customers use some sort of "power cleaner" (called "bullet" or "silver bullet" he wasn't sure). He said it would invalidate all warranties but who cares!

Can you recommend any "power cleaners"?

Cheers

J

2. Apr 1, 2019
    Ink stained Fingers

Ink stained Fingers Printer Master

Printer Model:
    L310/382/1800, P400, Pro7600
    about every supplier of refill inks has a cleaner in his offerings; and there are quite some forum contributions to this subject
    https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/cleaning-solution-the-ultimate-test.5296/page-7#post-97208
    some favour a cleaner containing ammonia - Windex may be available for your area depending on your country of residence, or you search for 'pharmacist‘s solution' for such a cleaner here.
    Some prefer or refer to a cleaner called Piezoflush sold by inkjetmall in the U.S. They claim it to be a miracle solution.....

The Hat and PeterBJ like this.
  3. Apr 1, 2019
    PeterBJ

PeterBJ Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon iP4300 + Epson scanner
    The Hat likes this.