Urgent help Canon ip4920

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Pgbk still an issue...continue cleans but wait between each...

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10 - Epson L1800
today first i did a cleaning and later a nozzle check after that one deep cleaning and nozzle check and i see a little bit diference than yesterday, but i have a question i need to print photo paper on some glosy photo paper like 6 covers and 12 dvd can i do it or i need untill the PGBK is ok what is your recomendations and in the future if i fix this problem how i can prevent that this happend again.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
oroblec said:
but i have a question i need to print photo paper on some glosy photo paper like 6 covers and 12 dvd can i do it or i need untill the PGBK is ok what is your recomendations and in the future if i fix this problem how i can prevent that this happend again.

You can go ahead with any printing you need to do so long as you only use glossy paper, but don’t be tempted to print on any plain paper till your PK black issues have been resolved.

The best way to prevent the same thing recurring again is to refill OEM cartridges filled with good quality inks and print a nozzle check at least once a week..

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
I know about refill oem cartridges with my favorite method germán one but this cartridges are black how you make a cent to see the fill

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I know about refill oem cartridges with my favorite method germán one but this cartridges are black how you make a cent to see the fill
Use the semi opaque 220/221 OEM cartridges and swap over your chips to them.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
i don't know if i can post a link here from ebay or amazon or you know someone that sells it here so i can pay with paypal i know how to swap the chips i had do it and works greats with the resume press about 5 seconds.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
the hat what do you think all 220 / 221 are semi opaque ????

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
the hat what do you think all 220 / 221 are semi opaque ????

Here is a scan of two cartridges. The top is the semi-opaque or windowed CLI-x21 type, the bottom is the opaque CLI-x26 type.

521+526.jpg

Apart from the window and the chip, the two cartridges are identical, so they are interchangeable if you change the chips. The windowed cartridge is much more refill friendly, but the opaque cartridge is not impossible to refill, only more difficult.

There are more sources of the windowed cartridges, for instance Ebay and Amazon, the region of the cartridges doesn't matter as you will only be using the cartridges, not the chips.

Another source is Precision Colors. They offer both raw recycled cartridges and ready-to-use cartridges with the proper chips attached: http://www.precisioncolors.com/c5cbcart.html

Last edited:

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Wowww really all thanks for all your support and friendly answer and for take your time to comment and search a good solutions today I will post some pictures of the results of my printers thanks to all you god bless you and your family.