Urgent help Canon ip4920

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Get some tubing that fits over the black pigment inlet snugly, then use your lungs to force air lightly through the print head.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10 - Epson L1800
understood i need to find something of that size.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Get a smaller size to fit the color inlets as well, so you can see from them what to expect (you know those are clear).

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
test done pgbk head cartridges is clogged cause when i try to put air i need goes down just some bubble same part where i was making air flow and never any air goes down.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
ok again test with a small one to know what to be expected and happend what suposed to happend so now we are more closed and whe know is the printer head clogged what is the best and simple methot to get clogged just the pgbk noddles ?

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
If the air flow check shows that it is not possible to force air through the ink inlet out the nozzles, then a long soak of the print head in ORIGINAL FORMULA windex is my first choice, as previously discussed. Repeat cleaning until there is evidence of air flow.

In an EXTREME case, removing the nozzle plate from the print head (two small screws) and forcing cleaning fluids through the internal passageways may be called for, but that disassembly operation carries much risk!! Some users that have disassembled Canon print heads in this manner have reported that these screws may be left-hand AND right-hand threaded! I do not recommend this unless you have a spare print head on hand. Beware there is a special gasket that is between the nozzle plate and the plastic print head body that MUST be correctly repositioned at assembly.

I have been both successful and unsuccessful with disassembly/reassembly. You perform this at your own risk.

Last edited:

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
20140102_142303.jpg
Tools almost ready for tonite

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
One way to perform a good soak that isn't much discussed is to cut a short length of the tubing, fit it over the ink inlet (leak tight) and fill it with several inches of windex and see is that pressure is enough to dislodge a clog.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
you saw my tube i will cut off them and do that if not i will fill it with some inche of windex and make ppresion with my mouth with air flow.