Urgent help Canon ip4920

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10 - Epson L1800
Hi guys Sorry for maybe ask same problem but i been using auto Reset cartridges for my canon ip 4920 at first it was good for one year after that i got a new 5 set with a new usa ink and this new one happen the same as the old one just in 2 month the problem is the next. i refill the cartridges and plug into the printer but when i close the inner it try to recognize and the lamp of one of the cartridges turn off i unplug and plug it again and nothing i put a original one and it work fine maybe is the chip that get damage i need a help cause i need to print a huge work and with originals one is too expensive what will be the more safe method to reffil or how i do fix this problem thanks in advance i need this help real quick cause i need to make a decision i lives in Dominican republic so far from where i get the supplies. :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
oroblec said:
Hi guys Sorry for maybe ask same problem but i been using auto Reset cartridges for my canon ip 4920 at first it was good for one year after that i got a new 5 set with a new usa ink and this new one happen the same as the old one just in 2 month the problem is the next. i refill the cartridges and plug into the printer but when i close the inner it try to recognize and the lamp of one of the cartridges turn off i unplug and plug it again and nothing i put a original one and it work fine maybe is the chip that get damage i need a help cause i need to print a huge work and with originals one is too expensive what will be the more safe method to reffil or how i do fix this problem thanks in advance i need this help real quick cause i need to make a decision i lives in Dominican republic so far from where i get the supplies. :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup
You are having a problem with one of the chips on a new of cartridge, is that right.

If so what you need to do is to take the chip from your original cartridge
and place it on the new one and that should get you back printing in no time.

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=41631#p41631

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
i can try this, but the hat when the ink finished how i will says to thechip that the ink is full again? i need a auto reseter ? or another solution ? no matter if the monitor ink is off.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
oroblec said:
i can try this, but the hat when the ink finished how i will says to thechip that the ink is full again? i need a auto reseter ? or another solution ? no matter if the monitor ink is off.
When you have run out of ink and your printer wont print anymore
then just follow the on screen messages you get from your printer as follows.

On the first message youll get low ink warning, refill that cartridge and continue to print.

Youll get another out of ink warning later for the same cartridges that you have just refilled,
at this point just press the resume button (Orange Flashing)
and hold it in for five seconds and the printer will continue to print.

Later youll get another one saying youre out of ink (Final) but do the same as you done before
and the printer will continue to print uninterrupted for then on, no more interruptions.

But a few words of caution here please check that cartridge at regular intervals
to make sure you don't run out of ink and if it looks low refill immediately, dont wait.

Later on when you get a new cartridge or chip, your ink monitoring will return as normal on that particular cartridge..

This is just an example of how your ink details may look
5128_pro_1_inks2.png

5128_pro_1_inks_full.png

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
hey bro !!!!!!!

Thanks a lot the hat your the master of canon now is working, waitting that get the alert to press the resumen button for 5 time but now i have another problem. the problem is i tried to do a maintenance to the printer but when i check Nozzle check one of the 5 color is missing and that one is PGBK i try 2 cleaning and 4 deep cleaning and nothing i had try a head alignment and nothing the strange of this when i got tired doing all of this at nigth i think to print a picture to see the result and the print was perfect how could be possible maybe is cause pgbk is the less ink that the printer use ???? or any solutions for this ??? or just forget about that.

thanks in advance.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
When you have a bad nozzle print you should always try to resolve that problem first before resuming any other work.

One or two normal head cleans is usually sufficient to get your colour back but if it doesnt
then just do one only of the deep head clean and no more, its not good to do more than that at one time.

When you print a photo it will turn out perfectly all right because your printer does not use the PGBK black ink to produce it,
only the Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and (Small black cartridge) PBK black is used.

Now to try to get your PGBK black back working you should use a new large black cartridge
or one that you know is perfectly all right and you can trust.

Then do a normal head clean on the black only followed by a nozzle print,
now check that against your last nozzle print and see if there is any difference in the two, there should be..:)

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
i tried 4 new cartigres original and nothing maybe i have my printer head damage or i can clean my printer head ? just for 1 color ?????

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
oroblec said:
i tried 4 new cartigres original and nothing maybe i have my printer head damage or i can clean my printer head ? just for 1 color ?????
You could try refilling your large pigment black with photo black ink and use that to unblock the nozzles.

You can do a head clean on the PGBK black only and not all the other colours,
that way it will save the rest of the colours from being wasted..

5128_head_clean.png

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
not luck i just can do put normal black ink in that pgbk cartriges to see i f it gets better if not i think i can wash the print head with hot water as i saw before in one tutorial around or get a new print head what do u think about it ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
oroblec said:
not luck i just can do put normal black ink in that pgbk cartriges to see i f it gets better if not i think i can wash the print head with hot water as i saw before in one tutorial around or get a new print head what do u think about it ?
If you wash or rinse your print head out in warm water then dont forget to dry it very well
(Properly) before putting it back into your printer..:)

Latest posts