Qimage Ultimate - Print Unclog Pattern

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
In fact, quite often just running consecutive nozzle checks with about 20 min wait between each check will do the job and used a miniscule amount of ink.
Joe

Yes I agree with you, making simple nozzle check and waiting (I wait for 10min) works miracles and does not use allot of ink. The idea is start cleaning procedures from gentle ones then resort to more harsh ones. And I certainly will not agree and have not read anywhere that if you have clogs then resort to printing purge pages.

If one has cleaning carts installed then I would agree but in the video the Qimage author does even mention that it is possible to clear clogs by installing cleaning carts for that color that is having a problem. If this print patters is such innovation then the author could have done his homework and researched (read this forum for example) to recommend users best practices etc.

And if one used EPSON all they have to do is use QuadTone RIP (just 50$) to fire any color they choose ! With a cleaning cart this is as cheap as it gets using purge pages without wasting any ink in all other colors.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It’s obvious that somebody just doesn’t like Qimage and wants to rant about it .. :hu

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
It’s obvious that somebody just doesn’t like Qimage and wants to rant about it .. :hu

Hmm, maybe so, but I use Qimage from year 2007 ! I do like this version more than the new 2014 one just because the old one has page formatting with one button you can crop the photo to fit or not. This is 2 clicks for the new version. With many photos you end up with hundreds more clicking the mouse.

It's the best utility to print photos on Windows, but except the new interpolation called Fusion I see no improvements at all.

I also still wonder why the author does not try to add RIP functions to this app? At least for EPSON printers. If PrintFAB can control canons (not true RIP I know) then something similar should be possible to do not only to single company or am I wrong here.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
The obvious problem with PrintFAB is they make money from ICC profiles themselves so they do not open the linearizion possibility to everyone. Since the default ink curves are made with Canon OEM ink, third party ink even with ICC profiles makes little use when using PrintFAB.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I just might give PrintFAB a go to see if there is anything about it that I like, I did the same with Qimage but couldn’t see any advantage in it for me, it’s probably more suited for Epson users, but I did give it a fair go.. :oops:

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Actually since the subject of weather doing a cleaning cycle or printing a purge print was bought up, I will offer my 2 cents / pence worth.

If you have about 10% missing nozzles I would simply print a purge sheet and wait 20 mins then do another nozzle check. Almost always on my EPSONs I will see a significant improvement or it will cleared completely.
The ink used in that purge sheet is insignificant compared to a simple cleaning cycle.

Not read anywhere that printing a purge image can clear clogs?
Well then you have not really looked.

Inkjet carts has been spouting this for ever.
A simple purge sheet even printed without a RIP, if more beneficial and healthier to the print head than a cleaning cycle!

I find the purge sheet utility in Qimage a very good little tool.
Where in the hell can you create a customized purge sheet with only the colors your actually need and each color in different shades or densities. Different densities does indeed affect the process of clearing out individual mildly clogged nozzles than simply printing from a full strength purge image with Every color present.

I think what it boils down is that if you have a gripe with Qimage, don't like it or don't like to use it, well, that is your prerogative isn't it?

I would not touch certain apps with a 10 foot pole. That it my preference and some other person might feel they can not live without them. That's their preference as well.

So it's simple. If you love Qimage as I do, fine. If you hate Qimage, fine!

Joe

Latest posts