Qimage Ultimate - Print Unclog Pattern

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Hello, while I do understand that this is a plain marketing nothing more, this feature can help, like printing purge pages, but claiming it's unique and such "formatted for your printer" really sounds cheap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcmmyYroPOQ

I had no idea Qimage has resorted to such marketing tactics, are they out of ideas?

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Hello, while I do understand that this is a plain marketing nothing more, this feature can help, like printing purge pages, but claiming it's unique and such "formatted for your printer" really sounds cheap.

I had no idea Qimage has resorted to such marketing tactics, are they out of ideas?

Guess I am a MUG, but I bit and had a look!

Whats your problem with this exactly?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL

Why do you think that is a marketing tactic again?
Mike adds dozens of improvements and features to Qimage almost as often as MAC OS's are updated.

I pay $15 a year to maintain my copy of qimage up to date.
I would not use anything else to print out of except maybe out of Lightroom.

This special customizable purge sheet is yet another of MANY great features within Qimage, and one that actually does work.

Believe it or not.

Joe

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
This special customizable purge sheet is yet another of MANY great features within Qimage, and one that actually does work.

Believe it or not.

Joe

And HOW does printing a "purge sheet" work? If there are clogs, firing clogged/starved thermal printhead nozzles typically does not clear them, and can DAMAGE them...

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model

To me this suggests you see something sinister here, something less than ethical, @turbguy is spot on for Canon, a bit less so for Epson, but then not all missing nozzles are clogs.
Last thing on my go-to list is firing nozzles.
I don't use Qimage....yet, but I gotta say the ability to 'tune' which nozzles fire, which colours are used AND vary the intensity of firing is pretty unique, I can't do that with Lightroom, I can't do that with Epson......seems to me the little guy made a big one to whack the big guys with........"good on him I say"

If i have misread your beef, perhaps you can clarify?

Cheers

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.

To me this suggests you see something sinister here, something less than ethical, @turbguy is spot on for Canon, a bit less so for Epson, but then not all missing nozzles are clogs.
Last thing on my go-to list is firing nozzles.
I don't use Qimage....yet, but I gotta say the ability to 'tune' which nozzles fire, which colours are used AND vary the intensity of firing is pretty unique, I can't do that with Lightroom, I can't do that with Epson......seems to me the little guy made a big one to whack the big guys with........"good on him I say"

If i have misread your beef, perhaps you can clarify?

Cheers

Did you watch the youtube video ? Qimage is no RIP, it can't fire only the nozzles that you choose. Purge pages also cant do this, but somehow you do not buy purge pages do you?

Same way if the author would offer this as free utility with warnings that this can damage thermal printer then I would agree that this is beneficial. However using this to make google index post about qimage is nothing more than "marketing tactics"

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
And HOW does printing a "purge sheet" work? If there are clogs, firing clogged/starved thermal printhead nozzles typically does not clear them, and can DAMAGE them...

Well originally this was not designed for CANONs though Mike claims it will work. It is not a cure. A cleaning cycle is the cure. This will clear out clogs on a few nozzles and it will use a lot less ink than a cleaning cycle would have. In fact, quite often just running consecutive nozzle checks with about 20 min wait between each check will do the job and used a miniscule amount of ink.

The way the color patches on the QI utility are distributed, the same color channels would not be firing constantly and would not be subjected to constant heating like a normal purge image with solid color bars would.

Again, just like a purge image you might create in PS, they are not a CURE for severe clogs. They are meant to take care of a few missing lines here and there.
Not to mention that you can customize the charts depending on the color of the channels with clogged nozzles.

You run the nozzle check and you tell the tool to only load patches of the colors that represent colors that are missing nozzles. I realize that only a rip will shoot say "magenta" ink when you have a magenta purge image so yes there will be other colors ( Composite ) also firing BUT the magenta or whatever channel will fire plenty enough to possibly clear any mild clogs.

The utility also produces lighter shades of any given color which also apparently helps the process.

The video and MIKE's replies in the link you posted of my thread on Dpreview explains it all.

But it's all up to the user. If you have a good purge sheet you are happy with and works for you, then by all means use it.

One does not buy Qimage just to be able to create custom purge sheets. You buy it because it is one of the best image layout and printing programs. The sharpening tools are bar none!

If you already own Qimage, and you update it, it comes with it!
So what's the problem?
I don't use Qimage to unclog a clogged nozzle. I use it because it is a SUPERB image printing utility!!!

Joe

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
However using this to make google index post about qimage is nothing more than "marketing tactics"

From YOU that is a CLASSIC! and your Avatar isn't?

If that is the sum total of your beef with Qimage I'm outa this thread the field is yours, and all the windmills too!!

Guess I am a MUG, but I bit and had a look! (post 2)

Did you watch the youtube video ?

:smack