Problems with PM and PC

nerdful1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
This looks like the patterns I get with my c309a problems. Especially the magenta. But an OEM magenta cart was perfect.

I was going to test the tension and viscosity of the oem ink, but in just some tests and nozzle checks, no pictures just some stripe purge patterns. I am at less than half level already, and don't know if I have enough ink to extract.

Also out of nowhere the thing did a head purge at turn-on one day (I always power it down correctly), and saw 50 gallon drums of ink flowing into the colostomy hose.

I have the cmyPK-K replaceable printhead, and I returned one Amazon replacement for magenta problems, the replacement the same problem with MIS ink.

I am hoping the nearby Cartridge World will trade me some OEM magentas for my in box oem yel or cyan carts.

What is part # of your head? I don't have mine handy but it was only 20 something dollars from Amazon.

Joshua

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
My part number is CD869A.

Ink Refill Kit King

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Joshua,
Have you only been using OEM HP ink cartridges or have you mixed in any aftermarket cartridges? Many times with aftermarket cartridges they will use a "common" photo magenta for ALL photo magenta cartridges they sell. (easier for the aftermarket company to cover off many different cartridges using the same ink).
The mixing of the OEM canon ink and aftermarket ink can definitely cause this type of problem.

*****Sorry, it was brought to my attention that I mistakenly put "OEM Canon ink cartridges" instead of "OEM HP ink cartridges", my bad.*****

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Ink Refill Kit King said:
Joshua,
Have you only been using OEM Canon ink cartridges...
OP has an HP printer. See first post in thread.