Problems with PM and PC

Joshua

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I consistently get white lines in with both the photo cyan and the photo magenta of my HP Photosmart B210a. I have had the printhead replaced 2 times under warranty so I'm out of ideas. I'd appreciate it if any of you have suggestions on what I should do. You may have to zoom in to be able to see the white lines as the colors kind of faint.
http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q638/Josh_Lo1/Scan4.jpg

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Did prior printhead replacements correct the issue? Looks like clogged nozzles to me...

Wayne

Joshua

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Unfortunately all of the printheads have the same issue. Also, the printer is not an issue as it was also replaced.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
If it's still under warranty, demand a fix, or INSIST on a refund and get a different printer....

You've done everything else (assuming you're using OEM carts)...

Wayne

Joshua

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I am using OEM carts so I'll ask for a refund from HP and then I think I'll buy a Canon.
Thanks for the help.

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Could print speed be a possible reason for the problem? I usually print at a slow head speed that is for Photo ( best) Or just ( Photo) . If I try to print photographs at standard speed I also can see white lines but never at the slower head speeds.

Joshua

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I don't think print speed would be the problem as it's the nozzle check which has the problem.

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I see, OK, heres another idea. Try going to a site that has tutorials. There are several good ones but the only one I personally have used that seems to be unusually helpful in my limited experience has been InkJetCarts and the person that runs it is Ross Hardie. I'm not saying he is the only source for helpful tutorials as there are many listed in this forum that are no doubt as good. I only know that when I had questions that I had real trouble with I e-mailed Ross and he got back with me right away and led me through the solution step by step by E-mail. That was a real surprise at the time but I suggest you do the research for yourself but do get some help before giving up on your printer. Another possibility is to first try an e-mail to the folks that run this forum because they are experienced and most helpful and a lot of what you need many already be in the forum. Just look around. Hope you have success!

Joshua

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Alright, thank you. I think I'll try doing more research into this issue before giving up.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
If a printer won't print an acceptable nozzle check after changing the printhead AND the printer, while using OEM inks, it's up to the OEM to make it right....NOT the user!