Problem with yellow ink from ink grabbers

wrbjr

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
rjr3684, using IMS inks on a Cannon i960.... do you notice a decidedly pink cast to your photos? I had that problem and had to bail on IMS. Went to Inkgrabbers and everything was fine. I have used the yellow as well and all works fine. Maybe you just got a bad tank of it.....

Whats the update on the printhead?

Scrubking

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the shelf life is for Inkgrabber carts??

I'm planning on buying some, but I need to know if I should wait.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
All the companies I've talked to have said at least a year unopened. I've had a few say even longer if unopened. Can't comment specifically on inkgrabber.

rjr3684

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well I like everyone else have been fighting the green cast problem with the inkgrabber inks. It's not too bad if you up the blue levels in photoshop but its still not grey. Anything with shadows in it tend to get the green cast. Has anyone solved this problem? I do have a story to tell about what happened since I first had the yellow ink problem. I had to return my I960 and exchanged it for a new one at Fry's computer. Next I had to return my i990 print head to the ebay company that sold me the printer so that they could service the print head. They had it about 2 weeks and sent me a email that they had honored my warrnty and gave me a full refund, even though all I had returned was the print head. So I bought a I990 with the returned refund. Then thinking about it, I decided to see what a print head would cost for my I9100, it was $98, so I ordered one. Now I have a I960, a I9900 and a I9100 all working as good as new. Currently my I9900 has a clogged PM but when I get a chance I will try the air trick. But because of my other 2 printers I have not been in too much of a hurry to fix it. The I9900 is an awsome machine which prints twice as fast and with more fibrant colors then the I960 and I9100, so I thinks I need to fix it soon. I just recently ordered $90 worth of inks from inkgrabber for all but the yellow inks. I just can't bring myself to order yellow. I still pay canon prices for yellow. Anyway I am getting some awsome 13x19 prints from my i9900 that can be framed perfectly in a 18x24 frame mounted on white paper that leaves a 2.5 inch border around the picture.

I will be going to Uganda in July where I will be bringing 10 digital camera's to orphans that live in and around Kampala (on lake Victoria) with a charity called International Children's Network (I am the chairman of their board). Once the children (some are as old as 20 years old) are taught photography we will be receiving their photo back here with the intent of publishing a photography book. The proceeeds from the book will go back to support the orphanges. We are currently working on a web site which should be up within the next 2 months. If anyone is interested in Uganda let me know and I will keep you in the loop about our trip.

Scrubking

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Do inkgrabber carts come in blue and yellow boxes labeled G&G?? I got my carts today and I have to say they where packaged very well. I'm wondering if these are the new carts mentioned by Neil.