Problem with yellow ink from ink grabbers

G

I just started using Inkgrabber carts a couple of months ago. I am getting severe amount of green shift in the shadow areas. At Neil Slade's recommendation, I just got 2 each of the MIS carts in Cyan and Photo Cyan. I put them in and printed some test patterns to purge the head of my S9000. I must say, the green shift is less than it was, but still objectionable and certainly much worse than the original Canon ink. I'm not sure what to try next. Maybe switch out the yellow with MIS, or maybe all of the colors. I wish I knew what combination would give me the neutral shadows of the original Canon inks. Has anybody solved this. Thanks to all.

wrbjr

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Update on InkGrabbers YELLOW ink.

I have been out on a shooting safari (beach) and have returned with lots of photos. Started printing today and so far have printed out 7 or 8 8x10s. Still looking very fine if I do say so myself. Keeping my fingers crossed and the Canon i960 fired up.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Great! Keep us posted... oh, and where are some of those pics for us to see????? :)

wrbjr

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
You want to see some of my pictures!!?? I thought you would never ask....lol.

wrbjr

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printed out 7 more 8x10's today. Still going strong. I have to believe its working out.

How do you post pictures here?

wrbjr

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
More pictures printed today as well. I have to think either my printer likes the yellow from Inkgrabber or it isn't using it at all. Tank is still very full. Recalibrated the printer, did a nozzle check and did a shoot with a red 72 Corvette today. Beautiful shot. The owner didn't know what to expect when I took a picture. I went in and processed it right away and handed him the 8x10. I think he thought I was going to have the "film" developed and and him a 3x5 in a couple of weeks. lol.

He was blown away. I love my i960.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Come on... at least a link to a picture of that vette!

What's amazing is that if it wasn't for the amazingly fast turn around he probably wouldn't have even known that you printed it at home.

Scrubking

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Any new info on inkgrabber inks?

I find myself reluctant to purchase from a place that has a troubleshooting page on how to fix leaks, color mixing and dry carts. Should these problems be occuring with quality products? It is almost like they are conceeding that there WILL be problems with their carts.

Also does anyone know if inkgrabber uses universal ink or printer specific ink. Like using pigmented ink and dye ink with some canon printers.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Well, it's an easy test. I print a page with some black, cyan, yellow, magenta and run it under some water.

Usually with pigment black and dye colors the colors bleed like crazy. The black will bleed off a bit (usually looking purple) but the image will, for the most part, stay put.

If it is true that Canon uses pigment ink in their cartridges, and the nozzles are built for this, then I would think it is important that the refill ink be the same.