PGI-525 and CLI-526

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
armars
You could try Google and see what comes up or you could buy one a week till you have the set..:)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just to note the resetters are being delayed on a pretty regular basis and I'd fully expect ARC (Auto Reset Chips) to be similarly affected by "technical issues" for some time to come.

The REdSETTER manufacturers are still working on their own version and have avoided the mistake Peach made (ie: allowing pre-ordering). There's a lot of very frustrated, angry and mad customers and resellers out there but in fairness the history of Canon chips has pointed to a VERY long wait between a new chipset and a solution to counter it, so I'm not sure why the resellers forgot these important lessons.

Anyway... my considered advice would be to assume no resetter or ARC will be available for these chips for at least another 2 months with a more realistic time-line heading into the end of 2011.

Bowler

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I got a MG6150 and is getting empty 220 and 221's for easier refilling, but what do you do with the new grey cartridge?

guyg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Get gray ones :D Allthough they may be harder to find :( Amazon has new gray 221's for $12.99.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
guyg said:
Get gray ones :D Allthough they may be harder to find :( Amazon has new gray 221's for $12.99.
Or get a yellow, flush it and just swap the chip as normal.

You have to remember that the cartridge is not physically different between the different CLI-221's... just the chip. Because you are swapping the chip anyway it won't matter at all... You just need to clear out any old ink and accept a little contamination from the old ink colour for a while until things balance out.

Bowler

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Realized I just bought ink from you websnail, hope you can send sharp needles to Denmark.
Having to do a chip swap, do anyone know a guide for that, particularly putting the chip on.
Is the best method the german one or is it top filling? Isn't it easier filling from the top directly into the ink chamber and not having to go through the sponge.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Either way gets the job done, one way will suit you better than the other, so give both a try.

I find I don't make as much mess refilling by the German method.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Bowler said:
Realized I just bought ink from you websnail, hope you can send sharp needles to Denmark.
Ah, yes... found your order when I returned to my PC after another teething screaming session (my sons that is)...

Needles get shipped in a plastic bottle now for safety and that seems to solve problems Internationally

Having to do a chip swap, do anyone know a guide for that, particularly putting the chip on.
This little guide should help there:
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6360

Is the best method the german one or is it top filling? Isn't it easier filling from the top directly into the ink chamber and not having to go through the sponge.
It's a question of personal taste... I'll try to remember to put a spare empty cartridge in with your order so you can play with that and learn the ropes before you move on to one of your own.

Bowler

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for any spare carts you remember ;). The guide shows how to take the chip of, but how about putting it on, is that the same procedure; sliding it into the left plastic nipple and pressing it over the cutted right one? It stays al right like that?