PGI-525 and CLI-526

Bowler

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Websnail, I'm going to buy a resetter from you and a SquEasyFill 125ml kit -x6, do you by any chance have an empty cli-521 grey cartridge and an empty pgi-520 with clear plastic on the side, ask what ever you want for them.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Bowler said:
Websnail, I'm going to buy a resetter from you and a SquEasyFill 125ml kit -x6, do you by any chance have an empty cli-521 grey cartridge and an empty pgi-520 with clear plastic on the side, ask what ever you want for them.
I will have a PGI-520 shortly but my source hasn't said anything about any CLI-521 Greys... I've asked them to hold any that come in though... Got some CLI-8GY, G, R, etc... comes soon though..

As to price, I'll be charging at cost for cartridges, within reason (I'm not getting the 521's/520's free)... Once I know how much that works out to be I'll let you know.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
websnail said:
Just to note the resetters are being delayed on a pretty regular basis and I'd fully expect ARC (Auto Reset Chips) to be similarly affected by "technical issues" for some time to come.

The REdSETTER manufacturers are still working on their own version and have avoided the mistake Peach made (ie: allowing pre-ordering). There's a lot of very frustrated, angry and mad customers and resellers out there but in fairness the history of Canon chips has pointed to a VERY long wait between a new chipset and a solution to counter it, so I'm not sure why the resellers forgot these important lessons.

Anyway... my considered advice would be to assume no resetter or ARC will be available for these chips for at least another 2 months with a more realistic time-line heading into the end of 2011.
Kind of expensive but does this look like it would work?

http://www.rjettek.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1316

armars

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
websnail said:
Just to note the resetters are being delayed on a pretty regular basis and I'd fully expect ARC (Auto Reset Chips) to be similarly affected by "technical issues" for some time to come.

The REdSETTER manufacturers are still working on their own version and have avoided the mistake Peach made (ie: allowing pre-ordering). There's a lot of very frustrated, angry and mad customers and resellers out there but in fairness the history of Canon chips has pointed to a VERY long wait between a new chipset and a solution to counter it, so I'm not sure why the resellers forgot these important lessons.

Anyway... my considered advice would be to assume no resetter or ARC will be available for these chips for at least another 2 months with a more realistic time-line heading into the end of 2011.
Kind of expensive but does this look like it would work?

Fine!!!

For MX882 :)

But so expensive :(

Are there cheap ones ?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

These are worth to buy? (quality ... etc ...)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
The Hat said:
ghwellsjrKind of expensive but does this look like it would work?

Its only because their USB powered and not battery powered.
The battery resetter will come later and cheaper.. :thumbsup
Actually it's more likely because they have a captive market and try to milk it a little while they can.

I have a lead that may provide me with the 220/221 units after a bit of digging and some help from a contact.

I'll post more if/when I get anything to add...

lowepg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Is there ANY downside to swapping chips to windowed 220/221 carts? This seems like an infinitely easier cart to refill.... especially for the hoard of hard-core german refillers out there......

Im wondering why folks are struggling with ways to blindly refill these new windowless tanks?

Seems like a no-brainer, so Im wondering if theres some hidden gotcha to the swap trick?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
lowepg Is there ANY downside to swapping chips to windowed 220/221 carts?
The only down side stopping most cheapskates is the cost of getting a complete set of the OEM 220/221s
after the swap the cartridges become the real 225/226s and as you said its a no brainer.. :clap

lowepg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
lowepg Is there ANY downside to swapping chips to windowed 220/221 carts?
The only down side stopping most cheapskates is the cost of getting a complete set of the OEM 220/221s
after the swap the cartridges become the real 225/226s and as you said its a no brainer.. :clap
Hmmm. Are they pricey across the pond?

I think I got them locally (US) for about $1.5/cart..... granted this is a bit more than cli8 tanks- but still affordable.....

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
lowepgI think I got them locally (US) for about $1.5/cart.....
Good on you, now youll be able to refill at your ease
and not worry about the ink levels in your cartridges anymore.. :thumbsup