Off the NS beaten track but-

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Emulator said:
Canon Pro 9000 series users - if you have not updated your Canon software recently, you will find several new versions of software and drivers available to download.
I'd say if you're happy and it isn’t broke then don’t up-grade it.. :)

Last edited:

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
The new Canon Print Studio Pro supersedes Easy-Photo Print Pro, uses a new layout and provides color management with an active link with Colormunki, ambient light, black point compensation, color correction, etc.,

This may take time to become familiar with the features. Whether it is a step improvement I am not entirely sure, but at least it is something new to play with!

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Rod

Wasn't this a profile you were saying they seem to have discontinued? It's in the current software download list now.

15. Pro9000 Mark II ICC Profile Ver. 1.0.0 for Art Paper Printing (Windows)
File version: 1.0.0

Operating system(s): Windows 8, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64), Windows Vista, Windows Vista (x64), Windows XP, Windows XP (x64), Windows 2000

Language(s): English

Description:This is the ICC profiles supporting other Fine Art Paper exclusive for the Pro9000 Mark II.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I see that the new Canon Print Studio Pro does not accept version 4 ICC profiles, it is restricted to version 2.

See http://www.color.org/whyusev4.xalter for further information.

As colormunki PHOTO is able to produce both ver 2 and ver 4 profiles, this is a bit out of date and a reason to stick to Photoshop for printing. Hopefully Canon will bring it up to date.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
I have trouble remembering Emu but when I got my Colormunki the advice was to set ver4 to ver2 as a lot of programs don't recognize ver4, or something like that. I don't think the version has any affect on the printed output.
The discontinued Canon paper is the Fine Art Premium Matte, they also have two other fine art matte papers that are two to three times the price of the premium matte so I would say those profiles are for them.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I know what you mean about remembering, at 78 years, I find some days my memory works well (good rate of recall), others there is a delay!! My wife and I spring sudden tests on each other. I think we need an upgrade, or some of pharmacists cleaning/restorative recipe!

Regards Emu or is it Ian

PS I've just remembered that I have told you all this before!!:lol:

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
""PS I've just remembered that I have told you all this before!""

Well it was news to me Ian:)

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Seeing the TV wildlife programmes that regularly show people driving in open vehicles among lions etc. etc. and remembering back many years to the time when nature parks were introduced into the UK. There was a very unpleasant accident when a car with family onboard, left a window partially open next to a child and a lion spotted it. In a flash it attacked and caught hold of the child through the gap with very traumatic results.

Are there any experienced wildlife photographers on this site, that have frequently been exposed to open vehicle driving in Africa? If so why is there such a difference between the two situations?

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I think one possible reason is that animals at a zoo have lost more of their fear of humans.

I'm sure there's a risk when you're out on safari too.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Thanks for your comment, I think you are right. I can't think of any other reason. The UK wildlife parks clearly state that you should have your car windows fully closed, but it always surprises me how African safari vehicles are completely open. Someone usually has a rifle, but they can't scan 360 degrees all the time and a multiple attack by lions would be difficult to repel.