Off the NS beaten track but-

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Cool photos. The last one of the fish reminded me of this commercial which played for weeks/months here in the States.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Hi Stratman

I like your advert! You wouldn't be spamming would you! :lol:

Yes I think they are exceptional. I've met the guy a couple of times on nature reserves, very pleasant and helpful. The search is now on to find the details associated with the blue ND ring.

Regards
Ian

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Emulator said:
I like your advert! You wouldn't be spamming would you! :lol:
Nope. No ownership in McDonald's though I should after all the money I've spent there all these years.

Speaking of, a fillet-o-fish sounds tasty. Maybe on Friday. :drool

BTW, I just had some your owl head a few minutes ago. Very juicy and sweet melon. Best of the year. :thumbsup

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Stratman wrote:- Very juicy and sweet melon
Good healthy eating.

I guess you are lucky enough to be able to reach out of the window and pluck one off the vine in sunny California, (I think that's your location, saw some of it on a tour we did some years ago, a fine country). The best we can manage is a tomato in the greenhouse and they are practically over now.

Used to visit my daughter's family in Houston at this time of year and the climate was perfect. Too hot in the summer though. The Houston temperatures in January matched an English summer! They are back in Europe now and we are too old for skiing!

Rodbam can probably pick them off the vine up in Brisbane, that's if the Funnel Webs don't get you first (or is that just Sydney?)

The Hat and I have to be content with cutting the grass (and that reminds me....)

Regards

Ian

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
On the subject of fresh picked fruit etc.
Does anyone else just simply miss being able to get fruit from the supermarket that is really tasty? For years now I have come to realize that the fruit that I can now obtain simply does not taste that good. Initially I had put it to simply getting a mediocre batch but lately, the ability to get really good tasting fruit is all but gone pretty much zero chance. I also noticed that fruits used to be seasonal but they are on the shelf all year long now, pretty much the same items. Could this be the cause....boredom and no change or has the fruit itself changed. Have the crops changed species etc...for volume rather than taste??

Don't know.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I think a telling recent experience, was the opening of a new local branch of a UK national supermarket. We had two others already established, so a good level of competition existed.

When the store opened the fruit tasted as good as you could remember, noticeably better than the existing stores, but now a year later, it has all dropped to the same second rate quality. Some times you strike lucky with the odd batch but only rarely.

I think your observations are valid here too. The country of origin information on the labels shows its sources are worldwide and must be of very variable quality. The stores are looking at price not quality.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
There is an aspect of the forum I have not got to grips with, how do you find or make reference to a set of posts on a particular matter?

For example http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7509&p=4.

I took this reference from the http: address, but how do you find the set from within the nifty-stuff controls, short of searching through pages and pages of multiple index?

You can search by title if you know it, but even knowing 7509 does not seem to help in the search, unless I have missed something.

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
I think your link is to the 4th page of the thread, but I only see one page. I have set the number of posts and topics to 75, but you may have set a different number ( look here: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/profile.php?section=display&id=9023 ) Placing a reference with a page number is not a good idea because others may not get the same page.

You can reference a certain post by right clicking the number on it's right and choosing "copy link location". For example your last post here is #8 and the link is http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=58045#p58045. The one before is #7 and the link is http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=58025#p58025

<---- click me!

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Thanks Tudor

A nice clear explanation, I had not found the right click on the post number before, but had noticed other people quoting references to post numbers.

I might find something interesting way back in the sites history and the could never find it again! Taking a reference and saving it somewhere would overcome this. The next question is where to save the reference! :)

I suppose it could be saved to "favorites" but that would get rather busy.

Regards

Ian