Off the NS beaten track but-

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
On the subject of profile comparison this image shows the difference between my calibrated screen profile, in colour and the Canon Photo Paper Pro II profile in grey (to highlight the difference). You can clearly see where the screen wins and where the printer wins in colour gamut range.

So despite profiling, with certain images, it can be impossible to produce a print that looks the same as the screen image.

9023_profile_comparison_scrn_v_printer.png

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
To Rodbam and any others interested,

Hi Rod, I came across this:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Lantern_(firmware)#Magic_Lantern

Fascinating additions to Canon camera firmware in Magic Lantern. I had no idea such stuff existed. I see it extends to 7D and many other EOS cameras.

Seems to be well established. Any thoughts? Don't tell me you have used it. :caf

Regards

Emu

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Thanks for the link Emu, I haven't mastered the 7D as it is let alone adding more features with Magic Lantern but I've heard their stuff works really well if you need the features.
Interesting about the focusing & the 7D has all cross type sensors. Aren't we lucky:)

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
Emulator said:
To Rodbam and any others interested,

Hi Rod, I came across this:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Lantern_(firmware)#Magic_Lantern

Fascinating additions to Canon camera firmware in Magic Lantern. I had no idea such stuff existed. I see it extends to 7D and many other EOS cameras.

Seems to be well established. Any thoughts? Don't tell me you have used it. :caf

Regards

Emu
From the same site is shown CHDK downloads for Powershot cameras. CHDK is an amazing site well known and accepted in the Powershot community. I had a Canon 720IS which was dead because of the dreaded "change the batteries message". I tried everything umpteen sets or batteries with no result. I downloaded their file for the 720 to the memory card and bingo it now works. There is also updates for the G9 I bought. although still considering that. Important point all orograms can be deleted and no changes are made to the cameras original functions.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Sorry I took so long to get back. Yes the Magic Lantern stuff works very well but I haven't used it, there's so much I haven't mastered on the 7D & I've had it for three years so I couldn't handle any more thingys to play with.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Hi Rod

You did get back on post #24. It must be the heat (the news we are getting sounds bad). Hope you are all OK.

Regards Ian

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks Emu I'm glad you understand the aging process:) All is well so far where I live but the heat wave they had down south is starting to cross the Queensland border so no doubt the fires will start too. We're pretty safe where we live (famous last words):)