OCP K3 ink set: the secret/solution is in the ...magenta !!!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
So 12x autoreset chip are 12x25=300$
you would need to compare that to Epson genuine ink cartridges for U.S. users since there is no reliable refill option available due to chip tricks in that market area. Refill cartridges/chips from China are an option for you but not for everybody else in other market areas.
Is the Chroma Optimiser really worth the extra money?
You decide - you would need to test and compare - with your inks on your papers - but I can provide you some input already in this thread
https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/gloss-optimizer-epson.11174/page-7

A Gloss optimizer is most effective on glossy papers , better black level, less bronzing and a more uniform gloss across different colors and more and less saturated areas. But again - it's your choice, some people don't care, other people don't see those effects and it is as well a matter of the light situation you view your prints - spots - direct- indirect light, daylight changing to lamp light etc . Epson claims that their P800 inks on Epson papers have a much improved gloss performance vs. the previous inks but since you go for refill you don't benefit from those improvements.

markfewtrell

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson r3000
update after a year: It took rather a lot of prints until the old OCP Magenta ink was flushed out. Later (after new profiling :) ) I have good results and a much better even gloss on my prints. So thanks for the hint of swapping the OCP Magentas for OEM Magentas!!!

Currently I'm think about upgrading towards an A2 printer and I'm reading that the Canon Pro-1000 should be a nice machine. But compared to the small costs of autoreset cartdriges form my Epson R3000, OCP bulk ink and M+LM-large large volume OEM cartridge the printing costs with the canan are several times higher :-(

P.S.: Is there an affordable chance to get to OEM Canon ink for the Canon Pro-1000?
so which of the three magentas are used? T606b M T606c LM or the vivid T6063?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I think you should collect some information about the Canon Pro-1000, the Epson P800 or the Pro5000 if you look for an A2 printer, every printer uses quite a different inkset, refill options and capabilities are different depending on your location, longer formats, banners are not possible with the Canon printers, the Pro5000 cuts roll paper and there are a few more details to consider, so all models are nice machines as such but one may suit your needs better than another model.