New weapon of Canon: new carts to replace CLI-221/521 and PGI-220/520

irvweiner

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Tell your lovely cat (my cat, strolling across the desk just noticed him/her) that the valves are from:

Value Plastics Inc. www.valueplastics.com Part # SVC23050

Cost is ~$0.35 ea in min quantity of 100.

I prefer the top fill approach---remove the cart from the printer
cap the exit port
unplug the fill port
lift up the sqz bottle, place needle in fill port
sqz ink into cart ~75%, wait for settling
finish filling to ~90%
release grip on sqz bottle, wipe clean
plug fill port, uncap exit port
replace cart, go print

good luck irv weiner

inkadinkado

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Irv
Thank you for that info and your kind remarks about my cat. Actually, that is a drawing I did that is on the cover of one of my drawing project books. I'm writing about 20 of these little booklets, and will need a good printing situation until I sell them in larger quantities. You have always been so helpful and quick to respond to someone's questions. I know I can always depend on you and I always look forward to what you have to say.
Thanks again,
Inkadinkado

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
inkadinkado said:
Hi Irv
Thank you for that info and your kind remarks about my cat. Actually, that is a drawing I did that is on the cover of one of my drawing project books.
That looks like an amazing drawing. Nice job!

irvweiner

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Agreed. That is a superb drawing--even fooled my cat. Can you post a larger image for us and/or email one to me. My cat is BLK and is very difficult to photograph, much less print properly.

Yes I do use the 2 oz sqzr's from Howard's. I think the pack of 10 with 3 different gauge needles per bottle was ~$13.

Meows to your cat irv weiner

inkadinkado

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks Stratman for your nice comment about my artwork.
Drawing for me was a bi-product of having to sit for about 24 years suffering the horrors of scoliosis and all that that implies. Drawing helped to bide my time and get my mind off that problem. But, with a change in diet, later a bit of exercise, and then even on to ballroom dancing, life can change. Diet for me was the key back to better health, and drawing, as well as a caring spouse saved my life. I'm so blessed and so grateful to have a renewed life.

And, now, such fun refilling ink cartridges.....who knew, right?

I hope I get to print and sell a whole bunch of these little project drawing books that I've recently written which is what brought me to the Nifty Stuff forum. I figured that until my printing needs exceeded the output ability of the two little MP990's that I purchased, that refilling would definitely keep my printing costs way down, and give me really good quality output to boot. BTW, the cat drawing that you see is the subject of one of the drawing project booklets, and thus far has sold better than all of the others put together.

Wish me luck, OK?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
It's always the FNGs who bump in the forum.

Waste of time.