Need CLI-226/PGI-225 backups

PenguinLust

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG6120
Well mine has a lip, too. How did you get the head to get that close to it, though? Did you pull the plug when it was in that position?

BTW, I did the test w/the 225/226s. Could it be that the 220/221s have a higher profile?

PenguinLust

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG6120
stratman said:
PenguinLust said:
And PenguinLust an s/n that a fan of old Bloom County and Linux recycles.
12 S/N definitions

signal to noise
signal-to-noise ratio
serial number
Signal to Noise Ratio
signal/noise
Signal-to-Noise power
Shiping note
Shipping Note
Signal-to-Noise
signal-to-noise ratios
Spot/Next
stock number
Screen name

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
PenguinLust
With the normal print head movements back and forth the cartridge clearance might be ok.
But there still may be an issue when the print head is raised during cleaning and cartridge replacement.

I would advise against putting anything on top of the cartridges while the printer is powered on.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
What you can do to test is to lift the cover, whereupon the cartridge assembly will move out, then remove power or pull the cord. Now you are free to slide the assembly manually left and right to check clearances.

The 220/221 and 225/226 have identical dimensions.

PenguinLust

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG6120
I think there's something in what Hat's saying. Sure the coins weren't knocked off during calibration when I opened the cover, but I can't generalize to assume that the cartridges won't ever be given more height. I think I'd better just forget about the plugs.

PenguinLust

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG6120
Actually, in the end I went with the 221s because they have a transparency that makes it easier to see what you're getting yourself into. What your printer might not like is the chips that come w/the 221s, so you'll have to salvage the appropriate ones. Make sure Mr PrecisionColors knows what you want to do, and he'll see to it that you get the right thing. Although, I haven't put the one I bought through the acid test, because I haven't had the opportunity to run a refilled cartridge yet.

pearlhouse

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mx892 & mx922
Hey guys, dont put coins on top of the carts to check for clearance. I tried this and the coin fell into the printers inners. I couldnt get it out no matter how I tried. I even disassembled the printer over half way but couldnt get it all apart so I gave up. Finally I thought I had it in a postion laying on the bottom of the printer so I just left it. Not knowing my wife moved the printer for cleaning. Somehow the coin got moved and caught up in the mechinism. The printer jammed. After several tries not realizing what was happening I really screwed things up. After turning the printer in all directions and banging it around a bit, I managed to get the coin out. But now the printer is messed up and has trouble printing 4 x 6 pics. Makes all kinds of screeching sounds. So now I use it strickly for printing stand size paper and just ignore the noises. DON'T DO IT! Oh yeah it is an MX870. Trying to fix this is how I found this site and really appreciate all the info that can be found here. Keep up the good GREAT work!!!

PenguinLust

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG6120
Thanks for the advice. Come to think of it, I really should have known better. Anyway, it didn't tell me if I would always have clearance--only the time when I tried it.

dvdit

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Is it necessary to weigh the cartridges when refilling the 226? If not, how much ink do I inject on empty 225 and 226 for MG6120? Does anyone know if the chip resetter sold by mikling resets OEM and COMPATIBLE cartridges? Is is battery operated ? I couldn't find those particulars on his Ebay store. Thanks.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I have had both battery and non battery ones. The feedback is 50 50. Some fear batteries but like convenience of portability. Some don't like being tethered down with a short cable when a set of batteries in the resetter is good for hundreds of resets and possibly the life of the printer. Right now I am out of stock on the USB powered ones for the 225/226. When the first resetters appeared many years ago the electronics used internally consumed a lot of power. The newer resetters with their high density and smaller ICs consume much less power and batteries last much longer.