Need CLI-226/PGI-225 backups

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
mikling said:
Having removed over hundreds of these balls...
Are you sure you aren't a redheaded she-devil once engaged to my brother? :hide

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Sadly the problem is that the cartridges seem already to have already been tampered with, See PenguinLust's post #23.

I agree with your and miklings suggestions. I have no intention of further complicating matters.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
This is the cinching effect. Notice the bottom is squeezed. Many plugs do not do this.

PlugOperation.jpg

PenguinLust

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG6120
So I got lost in the yarn: where are we at? Lipped plugs? Glue? Depleted uranium? BTW, I had a look under the hood of my MG6120 and it does seems as though the clearance... hmm.. maybe I should put a penny on top of the cartridges and see what happens...
Ok, so I put a penny on it, and I did notice that it wasn't in the same place after the head did a circuit along the track. However, that could have been caused by inertia--that print head jerks around pretty abruptly. So I put a toonie on it--Mikling should know how thick that is. That also didn't get knocked off. Does that help?

So, maybe some people have been on-line before I have. But I'm the one who came up w/PenguinLust's Law and then it was stolen and had its name changed by that dirty Nazi rat Godwin!

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
If a toonie clears, it should have enough clearance. But you'd need to have the plugs perfectly all the way in. It's looking like the clearances above the printers vary by model. On an MX870, a toonie would not clear. Hmmmmmmm.... A toonie would not clear on an MP980 or 990, which is likely the same chassis canon is using for the 6120. Hmmmm.......

PenguinLust

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG6120
Well, the toonie definitely didn't get knocked off, so either the MG6120 has a different chassis or you're wrong about the MP9x0. I don't know what to think.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
PenguinLust said:
PenguinLust's Law
Not sure what that means but I just noticed your user name is PenguinLust and not PenguinList! :ep

PenguinLust

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG6120
Godwin's Law is over 20-years-old now and states that the longer an on-line debate goes on and the more heated it gets, the more likely that someone or something is going to be compared to the Nazis. And PenguinLust an s/n that a fan of old Bloom County and Linux recycles.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Nah. I had the 980. Been through that. I just had to cut the edge and nothing else. The 980 had a lip that curved down on the edge and that is where it was getting caught. Once you removed the curve, you were OK and the plugs cleared. All you needed actually was a pair pliers to nip the edge. There is masking tape to guide me where to snip. That is what that beige tape is.

edge2.jpg

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
PenguinLust said:
And PenguinLust an s/n that a fan of old Bloom County and Linux recycles.
12 S/N definitions

signal to noise
signal-to-noise ratio
serial number
Signal to Noise Ratio
signal/noise
Signal-to-Noise power
Shiping note
Shipping Note
Signal-to-Noise
signal-to-noise ratios
Spot/Next