My new printer: Epson Photo R3000 A3+ printer !!!

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I've got a copy of the R3000 adjProg but at the moment I'm not 100% sure that it's clean of any viral infections or similar... My guess is that the one being "sold" on eBay is the same one and similarly suspect.

I do know that the R3000 is supported by the WICReset tool (the one that requires a key for each reset) so if someone has the requisite printer and a computer they can afford to wipe and reinstall (if needs be) I'd be happy to provide a copy of the AdjProg to test...

Oh and as for the utilities being supplied by Epson themselves, I've literally lost count of the number of North American customers who try to use that and find that it either:
- doesn't recognise that the printer needs to be reset (despite the printer bleating about it constantly)
- resets for a short period of time before returning to the original error and refusing to reset again.

... basically the Epson utilities appear to be nothing less than a paper tiger designed to resolve the class action brought against them some time ago in the USA but not actually resolve the problem properly...

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Don't you wish there would be Modern up to date version of the old SSC ( Russian ) tool?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
jtoolman said:
Don't you wish there would be Modern up to date version of the old SSC ( Russian ) tool?
There is in the WICReset tool, the difference is that the developers have chosen to charge for the reset capabilities. Trouble is of course that the SSC utility spoiled everyone...

I know I'm probably biased as I have good communication with the WICReset developers, but in terms of getting support for unsupported printers and continued development they really are doing a good job of keeping up. The development of the iWIC utility for Mac was proof if ever you needed it.

Doubtless they are making a reasonable chunk of change out of it but when you look at the cost of the key versus the cost of a service it's a no brainer.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The Epson free reset tool "when" it works, gets you out of a stuck situation but it won't fully reset the counter. It bumps down the count just enough to allow you to reuse the printer for a while. If it works, then you can use it as it is required but be prepared to reset it every now and then.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
mikling said:
The Epson free reset tool "when" it works, gets you out of a stuck situation but it won't fully reset the counter. It bumps down the count just enough to allow you to reuse the printer for a while. If it works, then you can use it as it is required but be prepared to reset it every now and then.
Ah... Never been in a position to test that theory as none of my printers was USA sourced but I can't say I'm surprised by this "revelation"...

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
wlachan said:
Hi pharmacist. I am about to install a waste ink tank on my R2000. I have the 'Y' connector to route 2 hoses into 1, but will this cause the waste ink flush backward?
It shouldn't... The two tubes are connected to a pump that should resist a reasonable amount of pressure from ink trying to backflow as it reduces down to a single tube. That said you need to be sure the tube leading to your waste tank is clear and that any clamps, valves, etc... are open... Of course in general you need to make sure the whole thing is clear and that there are no kinks, folds or anything pinching the tube anyway but it bears repeating.

wlachan

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply websnail but looks like I might not need it afterall as I just found out my brand new R2000 is actually used, probably refurbished. This is 3 open box in a row the retailer trying to give me. I don't know what's going on but not impressed. Perhaps EPSON CANADA is selling refurbished as new since R2000 is in short supply. Guess I am done with EPSON.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
wlachan said:
Thanks for the reply websnail but looks like I might not need it afterall as I just found out my brand new R2000 is actually used, probably refurbished. This is 3 open box in a row the retailer trying to give me. I don't know what's going on but not impressed.
I'd contact Epson Canada and report the problem to them and see if they'll sort it out... It does sound remarkably suspect...

wlachan

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I did and they said they would never open factory seal. I just email them again and will see what they say about used selling as new. Something is fishy.

Ink suctions are soaked with ink:
140143370.jpg

The sponge is soaked with clear fluid which splashed everywhere:
140143680.jpg