Inkjet Printhead Cleaning Method

AlienSteve

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 3000CP Epson 1280 4800 7600
Did you read the rest of this thread?

It sounds a lot to me like it simply ran out of ink. Is there some reason you are sure it isn't out of ink?

elpasodon

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank you for responding. When the printer started acting up we replaced the cartridge with a new one, but it didn't work either. Then we ordered another new cartridge and replaced the new cartridge with another new cartridge which did not work. So we're several days and dollars down the road without results. I went through the thread, but was not sure how to clean the printhead on an hp 1100d business inkjet. We ran the printer through HP's cleaning cycles to no avail.

elpasodon

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Yes, thanx, the carts are separate. The printer uses hp #10 & 11. It has work flawlessly until now.

ps6155

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
What I have observed is that after 2-3 refills of a BC-3bk with what I now believe is dye ink, the cartridge stops working, producing an image that first becomes very light eventually looks greenish. This is a consistent issue when I do refills. replacing the cartridge with a Canon OEM unit always fixes the problem.

After reading this thread, it occurred to me that if dye inks are basic and pigment are acidic ( or vv), this could explain what I've experienced.

I'm thinking that the acid and basic inks may react to form a salt plus water, ie residue of the pigment ink precipitates. Over a period of time, the sponge tends to fill with insoluble salt crystals, which eventually block fluid transmission between the wick area of the cartridge and the printer ink well.

aaloeb

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Canon mp780. Can anybody tell me what is wrong when you see this nozzle check pattern. I have cleaned the printehead several times with hot water and solvent. The patern do not change. Is it a new printerhead?
It is according to the 3eBK pattern.

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
aaloeb,... You should never use any kind of solvent to clean the printhead. Also, you should not use water that is much hotter than the coffee you would drink.

The picture you uploaded does not expand or enlarge when clicked, so we can't see any detail. Open the picture in you computer and enhance the image to increase the contrast. this way it is more visible to all of us. When you copied all of the image url, you missed part of it so you can do it again.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Aaloeb: your 3ebk looks defective. Missing pixels in a uniform pattern is an indication that the print head is defective. Also your C and M are missing the light colors. This is indicating you have clogs in them. Try to reset the printer, which will clear up the eeprom in the print head. If the 3ebk remains the same maybe it's time for a new print head.

aaloeb

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello Inkjet Master. I have read that others have used hot water and solvent, in fact it was isopropyl alcohol I used. I have rescanned the checkpattern, so I hope it's better. I have written at the picture what I mean. It is the gab in the 3eBK pattern. I think the other colors are ok, when I look at the pattern.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
I see the light C and M on your new scan. The problem is in the gap that is on the 3ebk nozzle print. Because it is so uniform it is an indication of an electronic defect. However, resetting the printer, which will clear up the eeprom in the print head, may be able to fix it. I don't know what the sequence is for resetting your printer. But a quick google of reset canon mp780 probably will find the answer for you.