Inkjet Printhead Cleaning Method

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Some excellent points and food for thought, Trigger37. Will digest it over the evening. Thank you.

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
Trigger 37 once again a very informative post. We tend to concentrate on the Printers workings/health sometimes forgetting how important the cart is and how important it is to use OEM carts and keep them fully conditioned. Another good reason in sticking to only OEM carts. These technical posts are of great interest and can only lead to a better understanding on what is going on and try and not get into difficult situations in the first place

One problem with buying used OEM that you do not know how they have been treated, how long they have been hanging around unfilled. Thats why the topfill method makes sense in that you can clean it a lot easier. However I prefer the German method it proving more troublefree for myself. But pre-cleaning is not so easy or complete if you elect to leave the ball and its protective tape in position. No doubt somebody out there has some favourite cleaning methods that they can share with us.

I always leave my printer on and do a nozzle check as soon as a pages colour looks slightly off. So far worked fine

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I will go alone with a lot of what Trigger 37 says about the cartridge being the Elephant in the room,
I recently printed off a job and replaced my cartridges four times 14 in all.

On one of my refills the magenta cartridge wouldnt put out enough ink despite being full and so had to be replaced.

I could have blamed the print head on the loss of ink but decided it was the cartridge
because the streaks only came to light when I installed the refilled cartridge.

I purged that magenta cartridge and refilled it, then later on used it again and it works fine.

So its not always the print head or the purge unit that should be blamed first
but the cartridge which ironically is the easiest of them all to check.

Think once think twice think Elephant and in my case a pink one..:)

nonalis

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
BROTHER MFC 440CN
I can't get magenta to print, I cleaned the heads, changed cartridges, ran the cleaning process more than several times, unplugged replugged, uninstalled / reinstalled software, nothing seams to work, any ideas????

Innah

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
There are printers that are self-cleaning through its utility program but if that will not work, it will help if you will refer to the user manual. Soaking the cartridge print head in hot water overnight may also solve your clogged print head issue. Hope this tips will help the people who are experiencing troubles in cleaning printer heads. :)

Latest posts