I am having this built for Video and Image editing. Overkill?

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Video editing & processing primarily and image editing secondarily.
I will either get the GTX 970 ( Cheaper and with less cuda cores ) or get the kick ass GTX 980 with over 2K cuda cores which is what Adobe premiere CC 2014 requires for best performance while editing and rendering avchd 1080P to H264 BluRay rez footage.
Damn the expense Joe, just do it...".GTX980, GTX980, GTX980 ... GTX980 Yea!!"

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Missed all of this discussion so chances are it's moot but had to make a similar decision 2 months back and now have a similar system albeit with a slightly lower end Graphics card AMD based.

The one thing that didn't appear to get considered was the backup strategy for all the video files... NAS, RAID-1 mirroring, etc... and multiple/varying types of backup all definitely well worth looking at. Learned about that the hard way for other stuff and barely scraped past.

Here I've got RAID 1 in both my work and home machine (as I'm working from home too on a lot of edits) and two seperate 2Gb portable drives which I alternate on my work machine to copy backups onto so at any one time I have 3 or more backups to avoid a total disaster.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
websnail said:
(as I'm working from home too on a lot of edits)
so at any one time I have 3 or more backups
3 Websnails, :ep perish the taught, one is enough to drive me to drink..:p :drool :lol:

Latest posts