Hi I'm Josman and I have a problem with the Canon Pro-1, I hope someone with can help. Thanks

Josman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA Pro 1
Hello good night
I am new to these topics and I have to explain my problem to you
I have a Canon Pixma Pro 1 printer that has been shut down for about two years.
With his day a print of +/- 15 10x15 photos was scheduled and when he was in the process he started taking all the photos full of magenta ink.
The cartridge was empty, replaced twice more and always with the same result.
An original new head was purchased, but there was no way to mount it.
Now I would like to know if it is worth trying to fix it, as it involves spending money on buying new inks (which are not cheap) and therefore it is something I do not want to do if I am not sure it will work.
Of everything that happened two years ago I have no sample, only the printer, eight cartridges (which I do not even know, if and are all or if they match the colors, as the ones we had new were used for another machine of the same characteristics) and the new head in the box to replace the old one that is still inside the machine.
Do I have a chance to get it working again?
I look forward to your reply to find out what to do with the printer.
Thank you so much

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, Josman. Sorry to hear about your printer issues.

Please print a nozzle check, scan it, crop it and post here.

Josman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA Pro 1
Ho sento si tinc un problema amb la traducció, ja que faig servir el traductor de Google. Amb el meu informe ja dic que no tinc tinta i que no vull gastar diners fins que no sàpiga si és possible solucionar-ho

Josman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA Pro 1
En vista del meu informe, creieu que és possible arreglar la màquina? Si és així, què he de fer? Si torno a posar tintes sense solucionar el problema, la tinta magenta tornarà a sortir, deixarà tot el paper brut com va passar fa dos anys

Josman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA Pro 1
El meu amic que tenia la màquina fins ara creu que és un problema de cap i, per tant, en va comprar un de nou, però no sabia com canviar-lo. Si penseu que potser això i ens podeu explicar com canviar-ho, ho agrairia

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Google "translation". Seems to works well with your language.

You are in a Catch-22. A nozzle check will allow us to better diagnose but you are out of ink. Ink is expensive. But you are going to need it if you are going to install a new print head.

I do not have instructions to replace your print head. I can tell you from a nozzle check what may be happening. Instructions are only given out if the issue is properly diagnosed. It is not a straightforward replacement like other Canon inkjets. The Pro-1 has a self destruct - a permanent malfunction unless serviced by a Canon authorized repair shop - if you do it the wrong way. I do not know why.

You can post examples of prints with problems. At this point, you have nothing to lose. But this may be insufficient to properly diagnose.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

Josman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA Pro 1
Hola. Com he dit abans, si poso els cartutxos de tinta i faig impressió, només surt un full ple de tinta magenta, res més. Sembla que l’engegada de la impressora buida el cartutx. Com que això ha passat amb diversos cartutxos, us fa pensar que no es tracta d'un defecte del cartutx, sinó del cap o de la connexió del cartutx amb el cap. Vaig veure amb un comentari d’un altre fil que li enviava instruccions per canviar la capçalera i ell va poder solucionar el problema

Josman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA Pro 1
O ho sento, deu ser el problema del traductor, però no entenc la resposta