Hello everybody / Epson WF-7710

eppyson

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-7710
Hello everybody. This looks like a fantastic forum. Happy to have found it. I just bought an Epson WF-7710 and will be asking for advice about adding a CISS. I want to search the existing posts before asking specific questions. For years, I used my old WF-7510 to print about a half dozen 13x19 color prints per day. Love that printer, but it finally started giving me troubles I couldn't overcome. So, now the WF-7710. If anyone has any off-the-top-of-my-head advice regarding CISS with the 7710, it is welcome. But I'll have specific questions after I read more existing posts. BTW--I used only OEM Epson cartridges with my old 7510, but I really need to cut costs, and am determined to find a good CISS for this new printer. As all of us Epson lovers know, they suck down the ink like mad.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, eppyson.

Start a new thread with your question(s) in the Epson part of the forum. Hopefully you will get the information you seek. Best of luck.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
all those CISS and refill cartridges are coming from the FarEast, and I think there are only a very few actual manufacturers but lots of different sellers via allt ypical sales channels - Amazon, Ebay, Aliexpress etc.
I would recommend to get a CISS from a local supplier which does refill inks and refill accessories , a supplier you can contct in case of problems. It's typicalls not so much the CISS hardware causing problems but the installation and operation, lots of such CISS just come with a pretty short installation instruction, some even only in Chinese, you need to prime the cartridges before you start printing, and the routing and mounting of the tubing is critical, you get some
parts and brackets for it which are tpyically mounted with sticky glue tabs but it is my experience that they may not hold for very long under regular operation, or they slowly bend sideways and get into the print path colliding with the printhead. So you may contact a few ink/CISS suppliers and ask them whether they have actually installed such a CISS themselves or could give you support , I remember a supplier in Germany even offering an installation service - come to us with your printer and we get it working together (at a charge ) , so it all depends.