German "Durchstich" refill method for the PGI-520/CLI-521 cartridges

pyrogeorge

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I am from Greece.Maybe ebay i will find the needles?
The hat, you are right.it was difficult to refill it the compatible cartidge,i will buy OEM and i will try again.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
pyrogeorge said:
I am from Greece.Maybe ebay i will find the needles?
The hat, you are right.it was difficult to refill it the compatible cartidge,i will buy OEM and i will try again.
Why dont you try octoink.co.uk and while your there have a look at the SquEasy bottles,
they also sell empty OEM cartridges.. :)

bigqualpt

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

Do you know if this can be done in the CLI PGI - 525 and 526?

I'm planning on buying a IX6650 or a IP4950 that use these cartridges and want to use Octoink

Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
bigqualpt said:
Hi,

Do you know if this can be done in the CLI PGI - 525 and 526?

I'm planning on buying a IX6650 or a IP4950 that use these cartridges and want to use Octoink

Thanks
I assume you mean can you refill the CLI 526 and PGI-525 cartridges.
Yes you can but these cartridges are opaque and not as easy to refill as the clear 520 /521 ones.

If you intend to refill using OctoInkjet then why dont you check our his empty OEM 520/521 carts
they would be far better to refill and are much easier to use than the opaque ones..:)

InkFu

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well I finished my first round of refills on my 226/225 carts and everything went relatively well. However, I think a small bit of sponge might have clogged the needle on my first attempt. When I got to the ink chamber and attempted to inject the ink I felt a high level of resistance. So I pulled the out the needle and used tweezers to remove look like a bit of sponge. When I reinserted I felt the same resistance for moment and then suddenly the ink started moving freely. I'm pretty sure I must have inject a small amount of sponge into the ink chamber. Is this likely to cause any problems?

Grandexp

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Don't worry about it. It will not hurt anything. Whatever it is it is too large to go through the filter mesh at the ink inlet of the print head. It will not leave the cartridge at all in the first place. There are many layers of defense before it has any chance to enter the print head.