Epson Artisan 50

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
All I can suggest is for your try to install it to another Computer you may have access to and if it does, then you will know it's your machine.
Can you install any other device besides your printer?

I nothing helps, you may be able to uninstall your USB driver and reinstall it.

Last resort is to reformat and reinstall OS

ramboagain

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
I dont have another machine.......during my digging some more I did get a mention of a "Plug n Play" problem..but it never came up again, and didnt take me anywhere......??

and i really dont have another device

for some reason I feel a usb problem...everthing seems to be going along normal until I connect the usb cable
but it does show up as "Atisan50" as the installed printer,,just has a astrek saying no installed driver???

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I know this sounds very stupid but you wouldnt be trying to load the 32 bit instead of the 64 bit driver by any chance..:hide

santer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If you click start, right click computer, click properties, click device manager, then click next to universal serial controllers, do any have any marks?

If not, left click each one to highlight, then right click, click uninstall, confirm.

Do that for all of them then restart the PC and give it a few minutes to complete the re-install of the USB Controllers, then check with device manager they are all back, and without any marks.

That takes care of the USB problems, if any.

In device manager, click next to the printer, click properties, click update driver, click browse my computer, click let me pick, search for a driver there. If it isn't listed, click have disc and browse to the downloaded driver from the Epson site.

ramboagain

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
I downloaded the 64 bit

here is what I have found so far, and what I have tried.....I checked all the USB controllers and they are all ok no marks.....

I download the driver update from Epson and put it on my desktop......

I then opened in safe mode, and ran the driver program update from there, and it would not install to my hard drive ??

do I have a OS problem that is just now showing up??

I have had a older R200 hooked to this tower for its only printer since I have had it....that worked except for the dvd print and the
ink levals

santer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Does the USB lead from the R200 work with the P50?

Is the USB lead a standard length?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
ramboagain said:
I downloaded the 64 bit

here is what I have found so far, and what I have tried.....I checked all the USB controllers and they are all ok no marks.....

I download the driver update from Epson and put it on my desktop......

I then opened in safe mode, and ran the driver program update from there, and it would not install to my hard drive ??

do I have a OS problem that is just now showing up??

I have had a older R200 hooked to this tower for its only printer since I have had it....that worked except for the dvd print and the
ink levals
So you are using the correct 64 bit driver but it cant be installed when youre in safe mode.

Try un-installing anything related to your P50 printer and also delete it from your control panel,
and then remove the printer power plug from the wall
and also the USB cable from the computer, then reboot your PC.

The next step is to put the (USB 2.0 cable) into a different socket in your computer than the one you used before
and then put the printer power plug back in the wall socket.

Take a deep breath and turn on your printer using the normal power button on the front,
this should get a response from your computer but it is vital to wait for the computers on screen advice before you do anything.

Now it should do one of two things, install the print driver itself or ask to connect to the internet to find a suitable driver and install that for you,
dont interfere with this process just leave it alone to do carry out the entire installation.

Now there is no reason why this process shouldnt work and you can now get on
with installing any other software you need to print all of your CDs.

Foot Note

If for some reason it cant find a suitable driver (Which I dough) the computer
will ask you to provide a suitable one, just point to the correct one on your desktop ok.

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
7900, 4900, 9890, R2000, P50
Since you can see that exclamation mark next to the printer in the device manager, try installing the driver manually as follows:

Download the driver (not the combo package, the driver only) from here:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...128283&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_W_7-64

this should be an executable which is actually an .exe archive, if you have WinRAR installed you can right-click on it and extract its contents. The driver would be the file with the .inf extension.
So, after you locate the printer in the device manager, click on the yellow (!) mark and then select "update driver software" and manually point it to the aforementioned .inf file...

ramboagain

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
I want to thank everybody, that sent help in......everything that was posted did not work,,but every item that was mentioned by you fine people was asked by a Epson rep that I got this morning, after a 3hr chat..he declared my OS to have "as he called it"
a clitch.......lol

contacted a shop in our area, turns out he was right....Windows was corrupt.........he did a Repair ReInstall and after that, the printer loaded and seems to work fine...so far :)

thanks to all again..you sharp cookies.....
Ray

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
That always works!
Congrats!