Epson Artisan 50

ramboagain

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
well I have the Epson 50..and no matter what I use the cd that came with it or downloading from Epson...the problem seems like I cant get the drivers into the printer,, I download them..go to install...message "The printer driver package cannot be installed"
I have tried the installation cd twice, same results seems like the driver just wont load, the computer sees that its a Epson 50....and if i remove everything and just plug it in it shows up a usb printer unknown???

whats next?? help ??

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
ramboagain said:
well I have the Epson 50..and no matter what I use the cd that came with it or downloading from Epson...the problem seems like I cant get the drivers into the printer,, I download them..go to install...message "The printer driver package cannot be installed"
I have tried the installation cd twice, same results seems like the driver just wont load, the computer sees that its a Epson 50....and if i remove everything and just plug it in it shows up a usb printer unknown???

whats next?? help ??
Your Windows Defender wouldnt be blocking it by any chance..:(

ramboagain

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
I dont know, how can I check that...I do also have Avira running...........

ramboagain

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
windows defender would block the download would it not?
it seems to download ok just wont install new or any drivers in printer when I go to do it.....

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Well you know that the driver does not intstall IN the printer right? It installs on your computer.

Does the driver reach the point where it asks you to connect and turn on your printer?

I've never had a single problem with antiviral or antimalware software and I have 15 different printers installed on several machines.

ramboagain

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
when it tells me to hook up the usb cable, I do and then the Epson install menue comes up. I check install drivers and print cd....
it goes to the point where it says make sure usb is connected and machine is on...after a bit it will announce driver install not suscessful ( no reason given)...it will then install print cd and place a icon for that on my desk top..........printer shows up in devices and printers with a exclamation mark by it......(no driver found)

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Have you tried plugging the printer into another USP port. But only when it asks you to do so?
The only times this has occured to me was with an Epson Scanner that I accidentally plugged into a USB port, rather than waiting until prompted by the installer.
Once a certain installation fails on a given port, you should try another one or it will continue to fail.

Joe

santer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Might be worth removing any software to do with the printer.

Then, have the printer connected but switched off, during the install, wait for a box to show top left which says to connect the printer, switch the printer on.

You may get new hardware found near the tasbar clock, then drivers are being installed, then the box top left should change to printer can be recognised, please wait, then printer installed.

Even so, you should get the option to manually configure the port.

ramboagain

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
it shows in box that driver are being installed........then box says driver install was unsuccessful unable to connect with printer make sure it is plugged in and turned on....

the printer shows up in Printers but has a exclamation mark driver not installed....
I get a USB Printing Support (green check marked Ready to Use) and Epsopn Artisan 50 "no driver found" ??

I have tried a diff usb port, and when I plug in or unplug the usb cable from back of printer, I get the little "sound" saying somthing has been plugged in or unplugged, so I would say that the usb is connecting....

the epson update downloads are coming into my computer but wont install??

thanks to all that are helping........send any thoughts or suggestions on to this thread..I gotta get away from this for tonight
going buggy...LOL
i will be back
thanks so much again..........

ramboagain

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Good morning, or at least it will be if I can get this printer running....I have tried all different ways to get the drivers installed but it just wont..I used the install Cd to just do the drivers and Print CD...the Print CD loads up and shows a icon on my desktop, but says printer still says printer has no driver to run Print CD ??
The plug for the usb seems "tight" so I was looking at that, but that should be OK if I get my little warning"sound" that is telling me a usb is being plugged in or out......I have tried two diferent usb ports directly into computer, no hub.

need help...have a cup of "joe" and lets fix this damn thing...lol (PLEASE?)