Epson Artisan 50

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I did suggest a reinstall of the OS. Tho a bit more drastic than a repear install.

ramboagain

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
maybe that is what I should had done....now some of my programs wont open nor can I reinstall the programs...error 1321
"installer cant access folder, I tracke d the folders down they are marked read only, I cant change it..it say I must be administrator
which I am????

I assume that is why they wont install?

what a week end.......

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
It could be a result of changing the hardware and the OS in a way that eventually corrupted too many files, or it could be that virus that changes the permissions on all your files. You may want to run a deep scan with Malwarebytes and if that doesn't work, try a HijackThis analysis over on one of the forums that helps out with that. If it is that virus (hate it when I run into that one) there is a batch file out there that fixes file permissions.

I personally don't like CCleaner (which is often recommended) because I think it's overly aggressive (triple check everything it selects to clean up if you don't want its default paranoia settings to do things like erase your browsing history) but it may be able to help out too.

santer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Which version of Windows have you got?

If you right click a folder, is take ownership an option?

ramboagain

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
santer...sorry took so long......its really messin up all over the place now....printer is working though and cd print
but other things cant install or uninstall most things, flash wont work unable to download files.....
Windows 7 64bit

if i right click a folder that is NOT a option listed......??

santer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If you download the file from here

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...ership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

Unzip and double click the install take ownership file, then confirm and wait for the success confirmation, after that, right click a file or folder and take owner ship will be an option.

Click take ownership, it will open a command prompt, then set about taking ownership. For a file it will be a case of blink and you will miss it, for a folder depending on size it will take a few seconds to show that you now have ownership.

Run it on the folders which were giving the 1321 error in post 33

There is a file to remove take ownership included in the zip folder.

ramboagain

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Sorry I was gone for so long...everything now works...
I did as jtoolman suggested..did a Clean Install of my OS.......

everybody thanks again