dye ciss system ...

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
While we're on the subject, gentlemen, can you enlighten us on why Mikling's CIS is for Epson and not Canon or HP? Is it just that you're worried about burning out the print head if it ever goes dry?

If that's the case, it seems that the same problem also applies equally to refilling, for all printers that defeat ink monitoring. (But my HP is supposed to tolerate a certain amount of going dry, and it's supposed to be protected (ha-ha) against the head overheating.) At least with a CIS you can see the ink level, but you can't with a cartridge.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
ThrillaMozilla said:
While we're on the subject, gentlemen, can you enlighten us on why Mikling's CIS is for Epson and not Canon or HP? Is it just that you're worried about burning out the print head if it ever goes dry?

If that's the case, it seems that the same problem also applies equally to refilling, for all printers that defeat ink monitoring. (But my HP is supposed to tolerate a certain amount of going dry, and it's supposed to be protected (ha-ha) against the head overheating.) At least with a CIS you can see the ink level, but you can't with a cartridge.
The simple answer to that is Canon only did one pigment ink printer and I dont know if HP have done any at all.
The pro 9500 is the only pigment printer from Canon and it would be very marginal
if a CISS would work successfully on that, maybe mikling might be the man to give it a try.

But I think the cartridges are so easy to refill on the 9500 anyway that there would be no great advantage in having a CISS working on this printer..

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Well, all or most of them use pigment black, I think. And HP did make at least one all-pigment printer--maybe more.

But in any case I was referring to the usual combination of CMYK or CMYK PK dye-pigment combinations. I'm just thinking out loud here. The one possible drawback I can think of is that the print head wasn't designed to have all those tubes hanging from it. I guess that probably doesn't make much difference if it's done properly.

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
dear all here The Hat, my ciss arrive Jordan (oredr it in 13/9/2011 arrived here 21/9/2011 i' ll try take it tomorrow), i want do some pictures for all process you advice open new thread or continue here?

Jordan post told me : Receive item at office of exchange (Inb)

here i ll try to install it in my new printer, just only follow instructions with product if any have anysomething else please tell me.

how can i load pictures in thread ?

** i have strange question, if i refill all tanks with black color is that ok ? or what will happened ?is that affect printhead i think no one have idea or experience in this subject? **

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
issa2011 said:
dear all here The Hat, my ciss arrive Jordan (oredr it in 13/9/2011 arrived here 20/9/2011 i' ll try take it tomorrow), i want do some pictures for all process you advice open new thread or continue here?

Jordan post told me : Receive item at office of exchange (Inb)

here i ll try to install it in my new printer, just only follow instructions with product if any have anysomething else please tell me.

how can i load pictures in thread ?
Thats great new, now take your time and dont rush things try to get it right first time and no mess.:thumbsup
The best thing I reckon is for you to start your own new thread with your experiences and pictures for everyone to see.:frow
The way to up load your pictures is available on the top bar on this forum and just click on upload

Then use the browse button + resize box and change it to (640 x 480 for message box)
for all your pictures and dont forget to use PNG or JPEG format.

If you open two windows of nifty-stuff at the same time it will be easier to copy and paste your pictures into your new thread..:)