Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4500, 9000 MK II, PRO-
An examination of manufacturer's MSDS's show that it's the same stuff, over and over again. Water, of course. Isopropynal alcohol. Polypropylene glycol.

Yawn.

A head immersed in any combination of these simple chemicals will usually be cleared of clogs. My last success was ammonia with surfactant, i.e., "sudsing", a few drops of dish washing detergent, and rubbing alcohol. Warmed in the microwave, soak, rewarm two more times over the next day before putting the head back into the printer.

Success. Not rocket science.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
From all reports @pharmasist formulation is tried, true and effective............and most important, safe to use on your valuable asset.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
"A head immersed in any combination of these simple chemicals will usually be cleared of clogs."

Yes, it really does get rid of catarrh and ear wax. :)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
"A head immersed in any combination of these simple chemicals will usually be cleared of clogs."

Yes, it really does get rid of catarrh and ear wax. :)
However if your head has been inserted "where the sun don't shine" we would recommend you seek appropriate medical help. ;)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
However if your head has been inserted "where the sun don't shine" we would recommend you seek appropriate medical help. ;)
Unfortunately, even after treatment by a cranioproctologist (head in arse doctor), some are just too far gone.

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4500, 9000 MK II, PRO-
Unfortunately, there is no cure for clogged guy humor................ "Cranioproctologist," wow......

FYI, I've read often of pharmacist's de-clogging formula, but I've not actually seen it. Hugely different?

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
@pharmasist posted this :

Many forum members have enjoyed my formula to condition the sponge of Canon cartridges.

The formula is as follows:

-3 ml propylene glycol (or 2 % glycerol)
-20 ml isopropylalcohol
-distilled water up to 100 ml

The cleaning solution to free up clogged printheads is by adding 20-25 drops of concentrated ammonia to each 100 ml of cleaning solution.

Today I suffered from a tenacious clog in my Epson Pro 3800 in the magenta and cyan channel, caused probably by long term of non-usage and the very low humidity in my room because of the high heating since it is now freezing in Belgium. Even after 3 cleaning cycles the clog did not go away. In the past one cleaning cycle is enough to clean minor clogs. So today I folded a piece of towel paper into a nice thick and even strip and drenched it with my cleaning solution and put it under my printhead and let it soak for about 1 hour. After that I executed one cleaning cycle and...all the clogs are gone. Whow it works fantastic and the formula is